NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who wants to see my baby Fantail Pigeons!

SRSeedBurners

Probably about a month old now. Seems we got a bit of a choco brown one. I'm hoping that color holds because it's real pretty in person. They are super friendly unlike their wild-arse parents. They are finally past their butt-ugly baby stage. Cute as can be now!

[video=youtube_share;I8jVNqi8DpE]

We don't sell them. I went to a man's place last year to buy some quail and he offered me these pigeons along with a couple of Oriental Frill pigeons for free. He was just tired of taking care of them. They were in a tiny little box so we took them. I resisted letting them set on their eggs for a long time because I don't want to fill the damn place up with pigeons. Wife talked me into letting them hatch just this set and NO MORE!!! They are cute though.

I'm after a few homers that I can fly outside the loft. These fantails are sitting ducks so they have to stay inloft.

My Grampy had a huge barn full of all kinds of fancy pigeons, duck, grebe, geese ..you name it. It was one of my favorite places when I was little. So thanks for that little bit of nostalgia!!

And chicks are NOT ugly!!! They're so naked & vulnerable & they're cute dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was a kid, I had a pigeon that came to my home for the summer. I LOVED him and named him Simeon.

When my baby sitter, who was a foster mom. recognized her sun coner

, that was out of forever homes, fell in love with my son, at age nine, I really didn't have a choice. Sunny choice our family. ( just my son to start!) He would fly out and attack people's jugulars!

I got sick just a few days later when he came home to live, and moved onto the couch in the family room. I had pneumonia. Sunny fell in love with me quickly, and within a few days of being home, cage open, he was on my shoulder. I was sick, so had no strength to educate, just was there for him.When I got better, I returned to my bedroom, and Sunny would fly up to see me!

In the end... Sunny LOVED Ryan, but loved me too. We could both care for Sunny! We lost him this summer.... but we were all there for him. He was with me for 12 hours. Sophie and Ollie were at our side.We had Sunny for fifteen more years! It was very hard for me Nancy