NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

2 more just joined us

Greywings

A very strange happenstance occurred this last week culminating in the arrival of two lovely CAG's . The twilight zone part of this story is that both of these birds came from the same original person that Smokey Joe (reputed to be possessed by demons) came from. The lady who had passed away three years ago died rather suddenly with late stage cancer. These birds along with some others were taken by a relative who now years later wanted them all gone inside the week. A dear friend of the deceased had promised to always look out for these birds contacted me about the Greys. She and her hubby picked them all up to transport them. They are taking in the other birds temporarily until they can be out placed safely. Filthy cages and box store bird seed. They used to be spoiled babies fresh veggies, bean mix, fruit and other goodies. Their toys and bowls were so coated with droppings I had to run them all through the dishwasher after scraping them outside. Welcome to Michael & Sparrow, Smokey Joe has mentioned Michael many times since he has been with us so yes it is a very small world and who knew in a city this size these birds would somehow find their way back together. We figured out the connection after this wonderful couple landed at our house with the birds and stayed to help clean the cages in our backyard in the serious Texas heat. Grateful that they are reunited and hope that Carolyn who loved these birds can rest with a lighter heart.

It's going to be interesting to see how they respond to being together again with love and attention. It makes me wonder how many moments they will have as they trigger happy memories for each other. There is nothing better than knowing our loved ones are in good hands. You have a great heart and that opens your door to minor miracles like reunitung these greys. I hope you are well rewarded with many delightful moments with them.

Pictures are on my phone and have not gotten them onto photo bucket yet. Sparrow was clumsy and falling off her perch and it took me a couple of days and a small siezure to realize she was most likely Calcium deficient. Due to her having one wing shorter than the other, reported to be a very bad wing trim and not wanting to stress her by handling to examine just yet as she is a nervous shy girl I missed the obvious and almost ran to the Vet. Amazing how fast adding more calcium rich foods have repaired her clumsiness. Michael however is doing great!