NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help to explore cage

Trev13Ire

Hi I need help please. I've taken my cags seed out of his bowl and replaced it with pellets. I've hidden his seed food all over his cage, some can be clearly seen and some not but he won't explore his cage just sits on top. He is the same on his play stand. Have you got any tips to get him to explore his cage? I'll really appreciate any help, thanks.

Leave some seed in his bowl and let him watch you hide the rest so he gets the idea of what you are doing. You might just let him see you put some seed in a piece of paper you can then crumple up and put in his dish. Make it easy and obvious to start with.

GREAT advice by Greywings!!! Before you know it... your bird will be everywhere and anywhere. They will always be two steps ahead of you. They watch us closely as they get older... and the games get more challenging ( for us, not them!). LOL! Sophie still likes her new toys left on the countertop in the kitchen. As the family meets in the kitchen all the time, I think she thinks the kitchen is just another playstand and its her favorite area. She LOVES to test new things on the countertop as we all talk and discuss our day. Nancy