NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Marriage Separation- What to Expect

paleale

This is a tough one. My last boyfriend didn't do a lot with Echo, but she loved to fly and land on his shoulder and give kisses, and cuddle with him.

When he passed away, she looked for him for a couple of days but that was it.

I had always done all of the cleaning / feeding / handling of her from the time she was a baby, so I don't know if that played a part.

Grey's can be so finicky it's a really tough one to figure out.

I wish you luck with your grey, and I hope your separation doesn't become a nightmare.

I would talk to her about the move to a new place and let her know that hubby will be elsewhere. It sounds silly but even our cats seem to get the gist of the message when I share my feelings and any upcoming changes in the household. Act as normal as you can and let her know she is important. It had to be difficult to share that with us I respect your willingness to give us personal information to help your Grey.

Edited by Greywings

We had Talon for 2 years, she belonged to my oldest son,, then I left my husband with our 3 younger kids and Talon came with me. My oldest stayed behind and let me take Talon as I did most the care of her.

the first thing I did was set up her cage in a place where she could watch us move things into our new house. She seemed to like that. She was very attached to my husband, but she did fine without him. I just kept her routine, and made everything sound positive and fun. She didn't seem to show any distress over the situation.

We had Talon for 2 years, she belonged to my oldest son,, then I left my husband with our 3 younger kids and Talon came with me. My oldest stayed behind and let me take Talon as I did most the care of her.

the first thing I did was set up her cage in a place where she could watch us move things into our new house. She seemed to like that. She was very attached to my husband, but she did fine without him. I just kept her routine, and made everything sound positive and fun. She didn't seem to show any distress over the situation.

Did Talon start showing you preferential treatment or did it just kind of stay the same?

It stayed the same, she LOVED my ex husband and enjoyed sitting with him at night, she then had only me to sit with which she did. But now that Rikki and Nilah are in the pic, they bully her away from me at night time on most nights. :(

Talon loves her mama! Sophie wouldn't know what to do if someone bullied her. It would be a first for her... she came into an animal kingdom with two pups, a rescue conure, and a baby Amazon. Now its just her and Ollie my dog. They love each other. Ollie is getting old, so I am not sure what to do. I would LOVE another puppy, but it would be alot of training and I work alot more without the kids here to teach. I wouldn't worry about Sophie loving the pup, but the opposite. Sophie loves every animal that enters our house and trusts them in ten seconds or less. Nancy