NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Birdie Bangles!

neoow

I recently discovered Birdie Bangles on my favourite parrot website: http://www.northernparrots.com/birdie-bangles-and-parrot-pipes-deptbirdie_bangles/

These are made from lots of strips of cardboard and are great for shredding.

I bought one pack of small bangles for Alfie and hung them up in a few places around his cage. He LOVES them. He went through a pack of 12 in a few days. I've now bought another 2 packs plus a pack of large bangles. I also got one pack each of the pipes, but unfortunately these don't fit over the plastic chains as intended, so these will be used as foot toys instead.

I've never seen Alfie go quite so crazy for a toy before. He went through 4 of them today and has already started on a couple more!

I've tried Alfie on card before- the card tubes you get in the middle of kitchen or loo roll, for example. He's never been that interested. Not interested in boxes either. But these little birdie bangles? He loves them! I'm going to have a job to keep up with him at the rate he's currently munching through them. I think my next purchase will have to be a pack of 100 rather than 12!!

Maybe because they are smaller and not so overwhelming, good for Alfie!

Yes possibly. They also have a bit of colour to them (well, until he strips that layer off, anyway!)

He's been busy with them again today so I'll be popping a couple of new ones in his cage this evening.

You might be able to save a bit if Alfie is anything like my guys. For some reason, anybody who loves the bagels, loves Chinese fingers, too. Rather happy when I made that connection because they're tons cheaper. I get them by the gross on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144-NEW-CHINESE-BAMBOO-FINGER-TRAPS-PUZZLES-PARTY-FAVORS-CUFFS-WHOLESALE-LOT-/331108751930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d179e9a3a

You might be able to save a bit if Alfie is anything like my guys. For some reason, anybody who loves the bagels, loves Chinese fingers, too. Rather happy when I made that connection because they're tons cheaper. I get them by the gross on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144-NEW-CHINESE-BAMBOO-FINGER-TRAPS-PUZZLES-PARTY-FAVORS-CUFFS-WHOLESALE-LOT-/331108751930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d179e9a3a

Thank you! I have loads of those as well but Alfie isn't overly interested in them, funnily enough. He tends to just launch those across his cage. He'll sit and work on the birdie bangles for ages.

He obviously has expensive taste!