NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

pumping?

jbsmomto1

Storm has been pumping between my thumb and index finger, is it part of hormones or something he just likes to do .....curious as to what it is because than I will know if I need to discourage it or don't stress and let him pump til the cows come home,,,he just turned 3 if that matters

I'm not sure!!! I know many struggle with hormones... Sophie was never a hormone crazy girl. ( we had Kiki to do all the hormonal stuff!) I was never big on refusing a regurg, as long as it was in my hand. ( Sophie usually did, after having a very fun day, and wanted to leave me a gift). She still does! You have to know your bird, understand sexual aggression, then make a decision Nancy

Storm has been pumping between my thumb and index finger, is it part of hormones or something he just likes to do .....curious as to what it is because than I will know if I need to discourage it or don't stress and let him pump til the cows come home,,,he just turned 3 if that matters

Yeah...I think that is the feeding response. I would try to not encourage it, but he is just trying to "share" with you. This may at some point escalate to a regurgitation. When I get out of the shower, Isaac is always trying to feed me. I love him...but I tell him I am okay and that he can keep what he has for himself. Thank you anyway. LOL.