NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Free food!!!

loviechick

So I had posted a while ago a bunch of phone numbers where you could call and get samples, as I had it from another forum, but I had never actually called myself. I'm getting ready to go on vacation, and I'm getting low on food and didn't want to go shopping right before I left. So I called and inquired about these samples....I called Pretty bird and told them I wanted a sample of their African species pellets, as they're one of the best nutritionally for Greys when it comes to pellets, from what I've researched and heard from friends that are breeders.

Then I called Lafeber as I'm getting low on treats and asked them for a sample of nutriberries as well and here's what I got sent!

A whole bunch of mini bags of nutriberries, which is nice as the whole bag won't go stale since I give nuts and dried fruits as well as nutriberries for treats. Then Pretty bird sent me a 3LB BAG for my sample!!!!! That costs me $15 bucks, and it only lasts me 2 weeks! Both of them were to my house within 5 days I couldn't believe it! Just figured I would share that....here's the numbers if anyone wants to call! sample.jpg

Hagen (Tropican pellets and Gourmet mix)

-- 1-800-225-2700

Harrisons (pellets)

-- 1-800-346-0269

Lafeber (Nutriberries and AviCakes)

-- 1-800-842-6445

Pretty Bird International Inc. (pellets)

-- 1-800-356-5020

Roudybush Feed (pellets)

-- 1-800-326-1726

Ziegler Brothers Inc. (pellets)

-- 1-800-841-6800<br><br>Post edited by: loviechick, at: 2007/11/12 06:13

sample.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've also called before and received generous amount. I've call Lafeber, Roundybush and Harrisons.

You just tell them (they are usually very friendly and helpful) that you have an CAG and you want to try some of their products to see if your grey likes it. They will just ask you general questions like how old is you bird, how many birds you have, your address and 1-2 weeks later, you will get some free food in your mailbox!

• 1 month later...

loviechick wrote:

So I had posted a while ago a bunch of phone numbers where you could call and get samples, as I had it from another forum, but I had never actually called myself. I'm getting ready to go on vacation, and I'm getting low on food and didn't want to go shopping right before I left. So I called and inquired about these samples....I called Pretty bird and told them I wanted a sample of their African species pellets, as they're one of the best nutritionally for Greys when it comes to pellets, from what I've researched and heard from friends that are breeders.

Then I called Lafeber as I'm getting low on treats and asked them for a sample of nutriberries as well and here's what I got sent!

A whole bunch of mini bags of nutriberries, which is nice as the whole bag won't go stale since I give nuts and dried fruits as well as nutriberries for treats. Then Pretty bird sent me a 3LB BAG for my sample!!!!! That costs me $15 bucks, and it only lasts me 2 weeks! Both of them were to my house within 5 days I couldn't believe it! Just figured I would share that....here's the numbers if anyone wants to call! sample.jpg

-- 1-800-225-2700

Harrisons (pellets)

-- 1-800-346-0269

-- 1-800-842-6445

-- 1-800-356-5020

Roudybush Feed (pellets)

-- 1-800-326-1726

-- 1-800-841-6800<br><br>Post edited by: loviechick, at: 2007/11/12 06:13

Even though I know that this is an older post the numbers still work and I am getting a BABY sample for my baby from Lafeber in a few days! Thank You Thank You! For the numbers, the pictures and the post.{Love-000200C2}

Thanks for bringing this thread back up Carol. :-)

I did the same thing and received a surprisingly large assortment of samples as your photo shows.

Those Nutriberry packets last a Looooong time and the Parrots just go bonkers over them when they get one as a treat.

I have told several people about the free food samples so why haven't I ordered some for my flock???? :S:pinch: It looks like they are very generous when they send it too.

I am going to make this a "sticky" topic so it can be seen and remind people to go get that free food!:woohoo:

I called the numbers loviechick provided in 2007 for free samples and received the following:

014-1-1.jpg

The large green bag is from Roudybush; the next three samples are from Hagen (Tropican pellets and Gourmet mix); the next four packets of Nutriberries and AviCakes and the Nutri-Meal bar are from Lafeber; and the two small packets are from Harrison.

I have updated some of the information where needed. Zieglers has not returned my call as of today.

1-888-294-2436 Melanie Allen--this is a super nice lady

Harrisons (pellets)

-- 1-800-346-0269

-- 1-800-842-6445

-- 1-800-356-5020 - they no longer give free samples

Roudybush Feed (pellets)

-- 1-800-326-1726

-- 1-800-841-6800 (Pricilla)

Thank you loviechick for first providing this information to us!!!!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/03/19 21:59

• 2 weeks later...

Update Pretty Bird does NOT send out free samples anymore *sigh* But I did get some great stuff from Lafeber this is my baby pack it's too cute!

babyStuff.jpg

The Free food in the picture from Tropica and Lafeber

BirdFood.jpg

You are Welcome Dan and Judy honey all I do is shop online and if I can get stuff for free then im there too! ;)<br><br>Post edited by: CarolandFamily, at: 2009/03/29 01:38

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had to write to say thanks to loviechick!! i just got off the phone with harrison's and hagen (my phone's battery was dying so i have to wait before i can call the others) and my samples are on their way. whoever said melanie (from hagen) was nice they were right! harrison's just took my name and address (which is ok) but melanie talked to me for about a 1/2 hour at least, and was very helpful and nice, she even gave my tips on weaning. i'll post again when i've called the other places and when i get my products, but just wanted to say thanks for starting this (and thanks to the pple who run this forum and made it a sticky...i never would of found it otherwise!)