NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hi there! is this photo of bird food the type of food for my grey

PEA

I give her roughly 3 meals a day of this kind of stuff (pellets soaked in pineapple juice, sprouted chic pees, veg, fruit and seeds. I sometimes feel like she's not getting a goof variety of different foods

20150621_140651.jpg

All looks good except for that peanut. There is some concern over peanuts and aflatoxins and aspergillosis. Some here will bake their peanuts before giving to a bird to kill the fungal spores within the shell. I avoid them altogether. To many other good choices like almonds and pecans. I also never give my birds a nut with the shell intact unless I've had a good look at it. I've come across to many off looking nuts that I crack open and find a hideous version of what was supposed to be in there.

I do give her organic seeds, but she won't eat much if any of her pellets, even when I soak them in cranberry or pineapple juice, any ideas guys? is KT different to pellets, I keep sending £10 on different bags of pellets etc but she's not interested! :)

Pellets take time for a lot of birds. Keep trying by leaving them in the cage, change them out to keep them fresh. Most of mine will carry the pellet to their water bowl and make soup. They don't eat a bowl full, this coming from the queen of over feeding. Took years for me to learn that just because it is a big bowl, it doesn't mean it needs to be full and they definitely won't eat everything in it. I still do shelled nuts but I check them to be clean before they get them, by clean I mean no black discoloring. There are several threads on here also about sprouting, chickpeas are one of many so explore adding more of that! I love to sprout!

• 4 weeks later...