NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Chulo Before and After!

murfchck

He didn't eat very well at all. He would push the food to the side of the bowl and try like hell to get it in his upper beak and use his tongue. Wednesday I spoon fed him some sweet potatoes just so I would know he got some in him. Thursday was soft food again and after the vet we knew he would be sore and stressed so I steamed him some butternut squash and made wild rice. He ate very well again. Today though he is having some trouble moving around his cage. He only had one concrete perch and a boing before, now he has several so he is scared and confused a bit plus the stress of the vet visit. I just want to hug him.

Bless you. You have some patience. All these big guys. Your house must be so cool!

Hahahaha, no and no. We have outgrown the house, thus patience running thin! Because we have had many many many many days of storms, no one has been able to go outside so they have all been in our living room, well all but 5. It is like a maze with all the stands to get from the living room to the kitchen. Bob and weave, bob and weave. Hubby knows now when I start to lose it, he said I just stand and stare into the living room and that is his cue to get a bird and start playing to distract me. lol I hope this link will work. It was a moment of high stress and he got Mary Ann off her stand to play. She loves this and when she gets to the top, she either says hello or giggles. But it is the end of the video that gets me, she wags her tail feathers!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8IFSOi8aAg0JMYasVT6me3G_3GPPfY9hxRTKkkjRzaY=s235-p-no

Back in the '70's, I took in a Pineapple Conure named "Chulo". He only spoke Spanish, and my Spanish wasn't as good as his. He did learn English, but preferred speaking Spanish. "Chulo" means something like "Pretty Boy". In Puerto Rican slang, though, "chulo" is a pimp.

Better Spanish than French. Chacho speaks French a lot and I always thought he was mumbling until a young girl was over here helping out and asked why he was saying help in French. He also says The Lords prayer in French. More people speak Spanish though so they help us and tell us what these guys are saying!