NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My list of unacceptable items.

Acappella

Well fellow grey friends, my world is expanding and as it does I find things that simply shouldn't exist. You know how it is. I get up on 'desk' every morning and begin my cleansing program. My first victory - my mom's tea mug. It made a most satisfying crash when it landed on the floor in many pieces, even though it was empty. I had to do it. It had written on the side of it "It's All About Me" and we all know it isn't all about moms, it's all about us, us, us!!! My next target is the phone which she uses to talk to people that aren't me. Unacceptable, I think we can agree on that. It's proving much hardier than the mug though. It has already taken several trips off the desk and it's still working. I may have to change my strategy to button chewing for it and the TV remote, which she uses to watch something that is not me. Again, unacceptable! I'll keep you updated. What items do you have to get rid of in your parronts lives?

Yeaaaaa... I'm dancing on my perch and whistling another one bites the dust... You go guy! Grey power! My items are much the same as your list, with the addition of the knobs on the kitchen stove. Jamie gets so upset when I get anywhere near them. Anything that important to her must not be allowed. Part of her training is understanding that anything that stands between us must go. Another item on my list is that thing she calls "grandson." It is squirmy, noisy, and an attention hound. It's vocabulary is no where near what mine is, and it sometimes smells bad, so I don't understand the fuss. Nonetheless, when it toddles into another room I send out a contact call. It is growing quickly and might be trainable. Hmmmm I'll have to think on that...

Nilah here....I HATE those stupid wooden things that block my perfect view of,the outdoors....Bird calls them panes????? I call them a pain in my tail feathers ....I keep trying to chew them away, but she gets pretty mad and makes me step up or makes her voice volume go up, or sometimes sprays me with that dang water bottom set on steam!!!!! Doesn't she know I like mist??? She's a dumb one, can't seem to train her....:(

Those parronts are hard to train. My mom is doing this thing where she is making me step up onto a stick when I'm on the desk which is wrong. How can I bite her to tell her it's not time to leave the desk if I'm on a stick? She says I'm being a thug on the desk and this is a result of my own bad manners but I, of course, don't agree. Doesn't she know the decision to leave the desk is mine, not hers.

• 8 months later...

Sully here and I have one thing to say, absolutely NO hats in my house! Don't even come near me if you're wearing one on your head! Take it off or I'll take off! Oh and the little buttons on your controllers? Yeah I don't think they below there and will definitely be working on removing those lol

Pookie here feeling sad for poor Sophie and all of us, restricted flyways, not cool. Here none of us were allowed to explore and taste the fake tree in the front room. Lots of shiny stuff and little lights like fireflies and no contact with the "tree" at all. Why did they bring it into the house if it looks like a toy that is hung all over with toys??

• 3 months later...

Hey fellow greys, Nonesense here..

Well recently my owner has adopted a new pet, she calls him "boyfriend" and he lives with us now. I didn't like him at first so i made him think i wanted a head scratch and then i bit him, it was quite fun but he doesn't fall for it now. I think he might be growing on me though but i wont let him know it. He buys me new toys and i destroy them before the next day, he should know i'm high maintenance. When he gives me water i throw it out the bowl i do this twice so he knows whose boss, they cant refuse us water now can they, i also like making a mess with my food i throw out the stuff i don't like and make him clean it up, serves him right for giving me healthy stuff doesn't he know i only want peanuts. He tries to teach me new words but i don't care i will say what i want to. He wants to try training me to step up soon, i say bring it on i haven't bit him in a while. Will let you grey's know how it turns out.

• Haha 1

Nice going Nonsense! Timber here. Most hoomans and slow-witted and difficult to train, but stick with the program and he'll learn. Don't let your guard down. A well trained hooman is an asset when all's said and done. Choke down one of the healthy/nasty things once in awhile and watch how excited he gets. Quite amusing in my house. Keep it up!

• 9 months later...

Cute thread so I thought I would drag it back up!

I am a daddy's boy and my momma knows it. She's really only good for making excellent mashed potatoes and birdie bread, I don't know why daddy doesn't see this. I make constant demands on her every morning while she is trying to get ready for work - I heard her tell daddy that she has to get up 15 minutes early just to take care of me. I don't know why she doesn't let my daddy do it - she said something about him being "unconscious" in the mornings, and she's still trying to be my friend after a year of me trying to run her off. So, I yell "wanna apple" (may substitute floffle - aka waffle, egg, grape, toast, and occasionally pop tart) every time she goes back in the bathroom trying to get ready.

I also like to trick her by saying "No bite the momma" over and over again, and telling her "Kya is a good boy". Then, once I have lulled her into a sense of false security, I will say "I love you, gimme a kiss" with a big smack at the end for extra emphasis. She falls for it every time. She says if she weren't so old she would hang jewelry from the piercings I have given her on the lip.

Now, she tells me a NEW BIRD may be coming to live with us next weekend, a little scared girl that looks just like me. I hope the new girl doesn't think she can have my daddy. If she's scared, she needs to stick with my mommy...Unless she's cute...If she's cute, I might share my daddy with her. I'm sure he will be upset if I regurgitate for the new girl instead of him. This is going to be tricky.

HRH Inara chiming in here. So lovely to see everyone ensuring that our hooman subjects are kept in line and on their toes. I have mine finally trained to understand that my cage is *my* castle, and that I prefer things to be left exactly as they are! When I have finished destroying one of my toys, I expect the exact same toy replaced in the exact same place. I don't run around rearranging *their* furniture, although trust me when I say I believe that I'm a much better decorator, and I refuse to allow them to do me the discourtesy of imposing their tastes (or lack thereof) upon *my* domain. I also will not tolerate anyone trying to enjoy a quiet Saturday morning. They just seem to refuse to understand that on non-bye-bye-to-work days that all attention must be directed my way! Their idea of a good morning is drinking coffee and listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" Not a chance -- I will *not* wait, and *I* will tell them.......