NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another bird mart

SRSeedBurners

All we hauled home was a new hanging rope toy and a TON of the soak, sprout and serve food that we like.

However, I just had to post this video of the cutest little parrotlets we saw. We had a parrotlet at one time and she moved with my daughter. They are little Amazons if you've never had one...

This toy has been fought over all weekend. Can't believe how much they all like it:

IMAG0974.jpg

SterlingSL, I love the picture with them all sharing so nicely. Did chaos break out shortly after you took the picture? I can't believe you can have nice displays on your mantel with those three hooligans flying around. I would think your ability to have nice things would be severely comprimised

Murfchck, if you lived closer I'd send you all the 'firmly rejected' toys I have for Dorian. As it is, I've found a store that will take never played with toys for a store credit. It won't be a lot, but still better than I'd get putting them in a yard sale and hoping a bird person shows up. Besides, I don't think you'll have any problem spending the money you would have spent at the bird mart elsewhere.

SterlingSL, I love the picture with them all sharing so nicely. Did chaos break out shortly after you took the picture? I can't believe you can have nice displays on your mantel with those three hooligans flying around. I would think your ability to have nice things would be severely comprimised

Trust me - they do not play and share nicely like in the photo. It was the first they had seen of the new toy and Dad broke the camera out which always gets their attention.

We used to have an issue with GreycieMae on the mantel. She destroyed multiple candles and were my wife's collection. I still hear about it. Those were the days before the aviary and dedicated bird room. Once the shenanigans start which is generally 30m to 1hr after wakeup they go in the bird room or the aviary. We got tired of the place getting ripped apart. We still have a problem with Baby Rio crapping on the back of the big screen TV. He loves to warm his tush on top of the tv with everyone watching him (we're really watching the TV). However that's about to get rectified as the TV is going above the mantel and I WILL have a parrot proof contraption of some sort that will ward off stray pooping hineys.

Very true. A water bottle filled with pellets is always a good toy! I am in dire need of pistachios. Koko is eating me out of house and nuts! Lol

I don't know if you are a fan of Felix LaFollett on Facebook, but someone shared a link to this website: http://www.organicpistachios.com/

We ordered the 5lb roasted no salt in shell ones, and they sent a good sized sample bag of unsalted shelled as well. Fast delivery, too!