NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New baby coming soon!

reptoman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She hatched 02/06/15 so almost 2 months. I hope its within a month. Lea at the aviary told me that she would be fully fledged by the time we take her home so it might be longer. I am not sure how quickly they get to that point.

I have reworked my chameleon cages so that I have a semi dedicated room for Zoe's cage and 3x5 table that I plan to use for training/toys and interaction time initially. I have plans to build an aviary out back and will hopefully have that completed before she gets here. I have seen dozens of videos on preparing parrot chop and other soft foods and many more about training and toys etc. I have completed my 2nd african grey book and will likely buy a 3rd (e-book this time) and complete before she gets here. I have so much reading knowledge but almost no real experience so I hope to see more greys in person before she gets here. I need to make it out to Sterlings place to see the crew and his awesome aviary since he is just up the street. With all of this preparation I am sure there will still be something that I missed but I hope to be as ready as possible!

• Haha 1

You will be as well prepared as you can be! That is great. I imagine it is like bringing your first human baby home. You read everything, make all your preparations, and they still manage to throw you a curve. Your preparations will give you a big head start though, in giving your baby a long, healthy, happy life. I wish I had been that prepared when I rehomed Timber.

Thanks JeffNOK. We are getting her from OKC so nearly as far as Tulsa from us. It will be worth the 4 hour drive for sure. The only other possible Timneh was in Gore OK but the eggs never hatched. They are difficult to find without having them shipped.