NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mary Anne & Marley

murfchck

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wUeIqJ79mlI/VRvKNWl31EI/AAAAAAAABxY/QmyRIfc4dws/w326-h579-no/20150329_163709.jpg

Here they are, (I hope I did it right) Sunny and Honey.

I know my guys are misfits and they do need each other, each in different ways. I had mentioned that Bongo has picked up this deep burp sound, turns out it is me saying "ohhhhhh" When he gets to playing to hard with me I say that. Took me weeks to figure it out. His first word in three years that I hear and it is that, lol. He has been wanting to play on the counter with Gabby but she runs after him and stops just short of reaching him and he says it to her. "Ohhhhh"

Now it's a new day & I may be reading that last post in a new way. I'm hoping it didn't come out wrong because it wasn't meant to be in any way derogatory.

In my mind all of those types of "happily ever afters" are misfits from the Island of Misfit Toys. All uniquely special because of what they've been thru & how they've ended up. Maybe I should have said so? Sorry if it didn't come out that way. :o

Sunny and Honey are literally picture perfect there btw.

Birdhouse I understood where you are coming from, no bad intent discovered. Some of my flock are also well feathered and a few are differing degrees of naked but all have a healthy opinion of themselves. You are correct more like a flock dynamic both friends and foes I do think it gives them a healthier relationship with us humans (they "know" they are superior) and me their maid and cook rather than a flock mate or jailer. Not trying to insult those with one bird just an observation in our house. Each of us has their own unique situation and relationship with their bird or birds none among us has everything perfect as we are all still learning. Murfchck has more on her plate than I am willing to deal with, kudos to she and Pat for working so hard to balance it all out at their place.

Edited by Greywings

I didn't take it bad at all. I know for a fact my flock is "challanged! " and that is being nice. Lol. I tried yesterday to clean Koko's cage, she was much quicker than me pulling the paper out before i could put the next one in. So only one side got cleaned. Cotay also decided last night she didn't want to go the way i was going and on one of the few times she let me carry her she took off and flew to the very top of my cabinet on a artificial plant that she was much heavier than and proceeded to fall over like a dead tree in the forest taking down everything with it including a very heavy vase that i ended up taking the hit with. To top it all off, Bubba, Bongo, Ixta and Chacho laughed at me after things settled down. Cotay didn't laugh, she was still a little freaked out. But daddy came in and did the inspection on her which she loved because it is daddys undivided attention and she settled right down. Me, my chest is bruised and sore but i dare not say anything else the birds will laugh at me again! Point of that story is... the flock stuck together and ganged up on me!

Okay, whew! I got a little paranoid when I realized I hadn't actually typed what I meant to. I hate it when that happens. lol

So the next time I think I feel bad about my fids missing out by not being a cohesive group, all I need to do is picture your group ganging up on you. Got it! lol

Are your bruises very colorful today?

It is an odd grey color and very light, lol. The bone seems more bruised than the skin but I can now face the water again in the shower. But on that note, Miss Cotay, who would never step up for me unless my arm was covered, stepped on and off my arm like a champ all day yesterday. We practiced by me having her step up every time I walked by and I would move her to another stand, come back by and pick her up and put her back on her stand. I set her on the kitchen table once that is the cardboard box heaven and she still stepped up for me from there! I guess after taking a hit for her, she now knows that I love her and wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. One small step forward, I just hope it keeps moving forward. Next one to work on is Ixta, lol.

Marley is now a pain in the batootie. She thinks it is a fun game to step up, run up my arm and nip my head and shoulders. She is not biting to hurt me, just playing but macaw play and my type of play are SO different! lol