NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How to introduce pellets?

heidiandbertie

Hi, I have a 4 month CAG, she s been with me for a month now. she s quite good with eating veggies but will only eat the sunflower seeds from her seed mix. I bought some pellets to change that but she won t touch them. I ve tried mixing the seed with pellets, but she selects eats, removing the seed and leaving only pellets, but she ll go hungry and even turning the pellets into mash which initially caught her out but once she realised she spat it all out! Starting to feel like i m out of options. any ideas? next step will be trying to feed sprouted seeds...

We give Maalik sunflower seeds for training purposes only. Otherwise he'd eat them exclusively like your baby does.

Some of my fids don't like to eat pellets so I make my own version of nutriberries where I grind up the pellets and mix it in with a variety of other nutritional goodies.

Love to see a recipe if you wanted to share, Greatness. :)

Around here, it's usually about covering things w/apple sauce. If it's something chunky, apple sauce & oatmeal. If it's really dubious, add cinnamon to camouflage the smell. On really rare occasion I have to bring out the big guns ...Red Palm oil or peanut butter! Warm oatmeal w/melted peanut butter & just a bit of something new eventually converted all the fids to new food while they were still picky eaters. Warm concoctions apparently remind them of baby feedings & are comfort food even when they're grown adults.