NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bubba tried to fly

murfchck

As I brought Bubba out to the big stand yesterday, he actually started flipping his wings and got the flight motion. If I didn't have hold of his foot I am not sure if he would have made it anywhere or crashed to the floor. I was shocked and my first thought was he was falling but then I saw where his attempt had taken my arm and realized it was a flight attempt. It is kind of exciting but then I say, OMG, he is trying to fly. Hard enough having my flying cotton balls, now a big macaw. My days are numbered here. I was told it would be soon that we will be bringing in 2 more B&G's and they are fully flighted, 1-2 months is his goal. Old man will also be coming in a few months, but he is too old and just sits there and is very quiet. I told Pat he was quiet and he reminded me that of who lives with us now, we were told at least 4 of them were unusually quiet and they are our loudest, so not to be expecting it to last.

Yay, GoBubbaGo!! Aside from whatever complications you may cause, it's truly wonderful for you to maybe get back the thing that makes you a bird!!

I always try to imagine everything you write "plus sized". I know what it's like to have as many as 6 "larger" fids flying around at once. But not anything like the size of a good sized 'Too let alone a B&G!! I find myself finishing your posts & thinking, "Good luck w/that!". lol

...wishing you all the best yet again!

Edited by birdhouse

I am starting to believe I am slightly insane, now whether I was this way prior to birds or because of them is up in the air still. It really isn't that bad when you get a system down, even if it only lasts for a week. lol (Just when you think you got it, one of the birds decides he or she is done with the order of things and decides it is time to change so we start back at the beginning getting a new system down. Keeps you on your toes. The hardest thing we have encountered so far is just the Too's screaming sometimes, then it is a matter of figuring out why. Lily is not happy at all and shakes and chews her nails, it is only when she is attached to me that she is comfortable. She is such a witch to the others though that we can not let them be together except when they are in their cages, then she doesn't scream loud. Since they can't be in their cages everyday, she comes out to another cage in our living room so the other two can come out and play, most of the time she is glued to me so she isn't in that cage much either, she has a corner in the kitchen on the counter where she has her own "cookbooks" to chew and play with and helps me cook.

Okay the, I just convinced myself... I am insane!