NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I found one!

jimmycoop2005

Very nice looking grey, Jimmy, I am glad you finally got one, and I think you got a little red factor going on there too, look on the underside around his legs, congrats, that is special indeed. Did you know that when you purchased him, that he has some red factor feathers in him?:)

judygram wrote:

Very nice looking grey, Jimmy, I am glad you finally got one, and I think you got a little red factor going on there too, look on the underside around his legs, congrats, that is special indeed. Did you know that when you purchased him, that he has some red factor feathers in him?:)

No I didn't, I haven't seen him yet in person. He is about 3 hours away from me. I will see him probably next week when I go down and pay him off.

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Guest briansmum

jimmy, if you look at the pictures he has a slight hint of red on his lower breast near his legs. this is whats known as "red factor" when greys get red feathers where there should be none. there isnt much information about it, but check out the pictures at the bottom of this page:

http://www.avianweb.com/africangreyspecies.html

also if you search red factor in the forum some good stuff will pop up.

it isn't a bad thing, it's special :)

shew I couldn't find anything on google after you told me that. I know there is another bird just called "red factor" so I was worried. Thank you so much for explaining it. The search on the forum helped a lot. Thanks :) can't wait to bring him home. leaning toward the name of Rocko or Peanut right now :lol: