NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Very Fun Amazon Order!

birdhouse

I had an Amazon order going & just checked for anything worth adding for the fids. Perfect timing! There was a bunch of "flash fun" stuff marked down to a few dollars. And even though Amazon prices change like the staircases at Hogwarts, they were still worth checking out last I saw.

This is the kind of thing that's good for a fun couple of hours destruction & particularly good for Kura when she's at her feathers. I set a loose $5 max & got at least a few month's worth of something for pretty much everyone.

These are my 2 fav's for under $3 (at the time). I have to say, anything made from organic material was a nice surprise. Individually wrapped, clean, very nice looking.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25845&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=25846&stc=1

http://www.amazon.com/EcoLoofah-Model-Parrots-Chinchillas-Natural/dp/B00H7SGHYQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1418584893&sr=1-2&keywords=EcoLoofah+Model+No.+9

attachment.php?attachmentid=25850&stc=1

http://www.amazon.com/Fetch-It-Pets-Chew-Elephant-Bird/dp/B00C65VOMA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1418584960&sr=1-2&keywords=Fetch-It+Pets+Zoo+Chew

There was an "expensive" toy that I really just couldn't resist, even though it was $19 @. List was $75 (?). But I ignored that, because sometimes list has no bearing on any reality I recognize. :confused: I did read the description & thought I got the size. But whenever I hauled this beast out of the box, everyone who was hanging over my shoulder flat out ran for cover! lol

It's a couple of feet long & must weigh 3-4 lbs. I put the dog in the pic for size ref. That's not the camera angle & she's right in front of it. Ok, she isn't very big. lol But it's like 2 times her height... Certainly worth a lot more than $19 for anyone w/big, aggressive chewers. But it will initially freak the more timid fids out, for sure!

attachment.php?attachmentid=25848&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=25849&stc=1

http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Products-62473-Bodacious-Monster/dp/B00DBW4IH0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418584783&sr=8-2&keywords=bodacious+bites

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

thing1.jpg

thing2.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Edited by birdhouse

• 5 weeks later...

I just realized something. I was going to post the usual "Dorian wouldn't go near that parrot killing device" when I realized that is no longer true. He might look at it warily at first, but if I told him it was cool he'd probably at least beak it pretty fast. My, how far he's come! Lol. Great toy score, and pretty doggy.

I just realized something. I was going to post the usual "Dorian wouldn't go near that parrot killing device" when I realized that is no longer true. He might look at it warily at first, but if I told him it was cool he'd probably at least beak it pretty fast. My, how far he's come! Lol.

Pretty awesome realization isn't it? And you do realize that's all on you, right? That sound you hear right now is applause!!! ")

...or...maybe... that's the fids (furry & feathered) implementing that diabolical plot they've been hatching for a while now. Perhaps you'd like to check just in case!?! lol

I don't normally think of Amazon for bird toys. I was just looking for free freight. I should have taken a pic before I put everything away because I've got a banana box overflowing w/quite the diverse entertainment. Even w/o those giant monstrosities. I think they're going to be dismantle for parts. I'm even a little afraid of them because they're so heavy the cage bar sags when they're hung up.

My unquestionable favorite is Phenix new foraging wheel. He's never had one like that because I thought he'd have it solved in no time, assuming he didn't run away from it. I did the whole introduction ritual & eventually we were playing w/it on the outside. He'd gotten to where I'd say, "Turn the wheel." & he'd run right over to show off.

I finally loaded the thing & hung it up. Then I sat w/him until he'd actually go over & turn the wheel by himself. I walked away making a bet w/myself about how long before he unloaded all the Nutriberries. 2 weeks & he still thinks turning the wheel is the "trick". He's pretty PO'd when he doesn't get rewarded for doing it because he still doesn't actually realize that he has to line up the openings. If it doesn't happen by accident he tries to break into the thing. Then he walks away w/the utmost disgust.

I shouldn't laugh at him. But it's much too funny because he's usually so quick to figure things out. This time though, he's just being such a blunt instrument! I don't know how long it's going to take him to connect the dots instead of acting like the vending machine ate his last quarter. But in the meantime, it's hysterical.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the audience applauding wildly for Dorian, Phenix and their ever so patient companion people waiting patiently for them to come join the party. What a great score from Amazon for your snowbirds up there. I second the cute little dog comment. Watching your quiet, timid, suspicious little grey friends come out to play and trust and live in the moment again is the fuel that keeps my heart hopeful. You are part of our village, our mentors and models for taking tiny little steps of progress and letting our greys gain a little talon-hold in the climb to the highest pinnacle. Nice load of toys there!

Birdhouse, has Phoenix made any progress with the foraging toy, or are you still cruelly laughing at him lol?

Well, Marguerite/Dorian, let's just leave it at, " Bwahahaha!!!" (& we could use a villainous, mustached emoticon lol)

Dee, it's almost perverse for you to use the term "snow birds" there & especially right now. In this part of the world, the phrase refers to anyone smart enough to spend the cold months in someplace like Florida. Not for the poor fids who belong to parronts who just aren't that clever!

And Pixie says "thank you" to everyone who thinks she's so cute. Lucky me she's an absolute sweet heart too.

Edited by birdhouse