NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Meet the Crackheads ;)

Yes, this is a term of affection for all of our pets, I'm the head nut :P

I've been a long time lurker here, finally joined because I had some concerns regarding our newest member to our home Loki.

We have 6 parrots, all are rehomes, which evolved over the last couple years.

Our first 2 Bonnie & Clyde (CAGS), and youngest, 5 year old bonded pair came to us 3 years ago.

Lucy (B&G) joined us Feb 2014, she's approx 8 years old.

Buddy aka Mad Max (CAG) (think Walter Matthau, "Grumpy Old Men) arrived shortly after Lucy in August. He's between 30-40 years old.

Our newest additions Zeus & Loki (ZONS) have been with us a week, they're 28 years old. Also bonded

Edited by slayv4petz
forgot to mention that Zeus & Loki bonded
  • Haha 1

I was also a lurker trying to learn about my first parrot even though she wasn't an African Grey. This form is a bunch of friendly and very knowledgable parrot companions "brought together by a feather". Thanks for joining us and introducing your flock. My first thought on crackheads was sunflower seed addicts. I laughed to see how many interpretations we can have in that theme. "Cracking a tough case" such as Miss Gilbert. Can opener beaks cracking hard shell nuts. Cracking jokes to keep us in stitches, the good kind, not the ER kind of stitches, hopefully. Welcome to grey forums.

I haven't had to go to the ER *yet* but I'm definitely a full fledged member of the bite me club ;)

Of course you are. Very few people who live w/1 grey aren't card carrying members. It's the very definition of a sure thing for anyone who lives w/a flock of them.

That is some serious menagerie that you've collected over a relatively short time! Looking forward to getting to know them all, though. :)

Right now we have a contest going on here between Lucy (b&g) and Zeus (zon) seeing who can talk louder, Lucy wins by default ;) but Zeus is trying like heck to beat her lol. Then the greys chime in with their repertoire of sound effects, Lucy gets irritated and starts screaming Stop It! Shut Up! Out! LOL she's a little bossy ;) that's my little princess

Edited by slayv4petz

Why thank you, certainly never a dull moment lol. I have a lot on my old phone, finally got that charged so I can move pictures to my laptop, so pictures are coming and I have a lot lol

My album is public on photo bucket username same as here, I added a few, but not done yet

Edited by slayv4petz