NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Found (almost)

kpflynn

Last night (2 Nov) my wife got a call from her friend saying that there was a small green parrot in a tree next to the building they work at. I grabbed a step ladder, flashlight, cage, and net. We drove there and found the bird. It was dark out so I'm not sure, but I think it was a conure. I set up the ladder and tried to talk the bird into coming to me. After a while I tried to catch it in the net. It flew to another tree. I tried the same tactic and failed again. We couldn't find it again but I'm sure it didn't go far. I think if it was daytime I would have had more luck. I looked for missing pets on Craig's List but didn't find any. This was next to the commissary on Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi. There are a lot of Cooper Hawks in the area. I might drive out there again during lunch break.

My wife got a call from her friend at the commissary. She wanted to know what parrots eat. One of the employees went outside to smoke early this morning and the wayward parrot landed on their shoulder. They fed and watered it, then took it to a local vet who agreed to try and locate the owner.