NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Welcome to our New Sister Room!

Talon

​Acappella is to be Congratulated! She came up with such a wonderful thread asking us to write what we would say to our birds. Her idea of writing to our birds sparked this room !

After writing my letters to my birds and telling them what I wished they could understand in English. I also read everyone's letters and thought, what a wonderful diary and history we are leaving for our birds, should they ever need care by someone else. It is an insight into their personalities and our relationships we have with them.

It is also a room we can come to to vent our frustrations regarding their most trying moments as we speak to them here. Mostly, I see this as a legacy we are leaving for our precious flock members and sharing with others makes it even more special.

I love seeing the different relationships we each have with our birds. We can learn so much from each other. Please feel free to write anything you care to on a regular basis here, good or bad. And may I suggest we all start a thread just for each of our birds that we can add to. It would be nice to have a place to follow each of our birds in a seperate thread, just an idea, not a must.

I look forward to seeing what this room will bring.....:)

Great idea for a subroom. Haahaa Acapella...you have a great idea, now you get moderate it. Like they told us in the Marines - don't ever volunteer for anything.

Maybe you should move the '4 the birds' room in as a subforum too so they are side-by-side. Messages to our birds and of course our birds get to have their say as well.

Great thinking. It's tough to decide what's the best approach to reach our goals for the best development of our companion parrots. This type of room will help crystallize our thoughts which become our methods for giving our best to our birds. Thanks for expanding on these ideas. I like the idea of having an individual thread to follow each unique parrot through this path that joins our lives for a while.