NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another weird, scary incident.

Loco11

Felony and I were relaxing on the back porch...her on her playhouse and me in my adirondack chair. She flew down to me and landed on the back of the chair...except instead of actually landing on the back of the chair she slipped down so that her head was caught between the slats...and the spaces get gradually smaller as they go down toward the seat. She was stuck and probably would have choked had I not been right there.

Glad you were there to help. I know it was scary, but thankfully you took matters in hand. The scariest thing that happened with my CAG Gracie was when she got tangled in a climbing net (made specifically for parrots). She was still a baby and unsure how to untangle herself. I got a nasty bite helping her, but in the end I think she learned that I would be there to rescue her. Hopefully, your grey sees you now more as a protector and rescuer. Glad it worked out with all involved happy and healthy.

There are sooo many things our birds can get into that threaten their lives, no matter what we do to protect them! Even though I have an " open cage belief", doesn't mean my birds can fly anywhere they want too. They have their own room. I still have " guards" on kitchen cabinets, plugs in electrical outlets... etc. I don't think I will ever recover from watching kids and Sophie playing, she was playing with the blinds and about to hang herself. There went the blinds! ( there went my trust in the kids as well!) It took me two years, to " get ahead of Sophie". Once I did... I always remained ahead of her and life became awesome! Life continues to be fantastic with my girl. She still continues to destroy certain things, but she is soooo worth it!

I am nervous... how will she do next week when I leave on vacation. Her new caretaker coming to meet her again this weekend. She REALLY likes this girl... but I am activating the "EMS", with my friends that know Sophie, and she trusts. ( Emergency Medical System). We activate it everytime one of us bird lovers go away. Sean is also coming home for the weekend. He is not the party kid... I think he really just wants to make sure Sophie is ok. Nancy