NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Home page sign in

katana600

Has anyone else experienced trouble signing in from the home page? What I did to get around that is to change my favorites page to "What's New". Now I can sign in from the upper right menu bar. But I have gotten to think about new members not being familiar and maybe getting frustrated enough to just stop trying. In our chat area there have been some expressions of frustration from newcomers. On the other hand, Diana was able to get a post started. Is anyone else having difficulty with the home page?

It always shows me as logged out on the home page and won't recognise my username/password if I try to log in there. I have to go to the forums and then log in using the username and password boxes at the top right of the page. That works fine.

I agree that it can be confusing. I knew I had my username/password right and took me a while to realise that I had to go to the forums first (it was more luck than judgement). On my home PC I leave myself logged in. If I go to the home page whilst logged in, it seems as if I'm logged out and won't recognise my credentials. If I go back to the forums, I show as logged in as usual. I changed my favourites to point to the forums instead of the home page... but it could be confusing for new or potentially new members.

Thanks Penny, I just noticed some expressions of frustration on the chat portion and started thinking its been a little while seeing some of the newcomers. I was really "green" and nervous when I joined and it was a little intimidating to learn how a forum works. I wasnt sure if it was just me, or if it was a brief time of change during the update. Thank you so much for looking out for the forum. So many lives are improved as we support one another in doing our best for our companions.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh goodness, I just logged out, went to the home page to try it. There no longer was there a place to log in. When I tried to select "home" it redirected to the foreign language page you mentioned. On the top line under the unusual characters, it said "Let my people go" in English. Then I went back trying to get to the "forums page" to log in and was redirected to that same foreign language page. Luckily I have the forums link saved as a favorite and got back in that way.

I never have signed in from the home page. I poke around the new stuff & just sign in when & if I want to post. So, I can't say anything about that part of it. Just that "recently" whenever I do go there, my antivirus (Malwarebytes) flags the IP address as dangerous.