NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our second Congo African Grey - Cute baby - ( I guess 4 months old)

Burak

Hello all,

On Sunday our flock expanded to two CAG's now. The adult one is Büdü (Turkish sub for Ernie and Bert's Bert) and now the baby one named Edi (sub for Ernie :D ). Now we do have the team: Ernie and Bert:DDD

We don't know the sex (I plan to send a feather for DNA test later). I guess it's a she because she gets along with me instead of my wife:D

We think she's 3.5-4 months old because eyes are nearly black (even in high light)

Here is a picture of Edi which I took on Sunday when he just arrived to our home before introducing him/her to his/hers cage.

P8242334 (2).jpg

Thank you all, for your kindness.

I'll have a question. You may notice the blue circles around his/her eyes. Are those normal or it's due to poor nutrition or stress/fatigue during travel. Because unfortunately he/she had an unpleasant travel from Bulgaria to Turkey as far the guy (first owner) told me.

If you look through photos in various posts in the forum, you'll see that many Greys have a bluish tinge around the eyes. Especially when they are freshly showered and/or clean where the tint can really be seen uncovered from dander and dirt. HRH Inara has a definite blueish tinge, and sometimes will even blush a little pink in that same area if she is particularly delighted with something. But, when in doubt, give a photo and a phone call to your veterinarian.