NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

GreycieMae's Aviary

SRSeedBurners

What an enjoyable video that was! They really love it out there. It is so open and I am amazed they aren't scared to be in the open like that. My greys are still too scared to like my aviary..but since it's cold here now..I will try again next spring! Besides..Nilah thinks it's all hers!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!Done!!!

From here on out - it's my wife's problem, unless it falls apart :) It's been a hell of a lot of work but so worth it when I see GreycieMae in it. She absolutely LOVES it. She was a happy bird to start with but I swear I detect an even greater happiness in her. She's full of happy noises in the evenings not to mention tuckered out most of the time from playing non-stop. The thing cost a lot more than I was expecting but when you see what people pay for an aluminum macaw cage - I still came in under that.

It makes taking care of three fully flighted no-cage birds a breeze. It's really lifted a burden off of my wife who takes care of them during the day while I'm making the donuts.

Still have some new bare spots to fill with winter rye from new digging. The white rock looks really good surround the lush green in the interior. Not sure how long it will stay white as the dirt mixes in with it. I really screwed up and should have put the root barrier on top of the dig wire rather than underneath the dig wire. Cost me about double the rock and lots of trouble keeping the wire down as I was filling in rock

FinalAviary%20(1).JPG

We finally found a way to keep Rio happy in the aviary. He now has his own fort. Every boy needs a fort :)

FinalAviary%20(2).JPG

He stayed in his fort nearly all day once I installed it...

FinalAviary%20(3).JPG

And finally - what's a girl to do after a long day watching Daddy work hard?

[video=youtube_share;Bn0T7bcfGck]

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Somehow I missed the part of this thread where aviary got finished. That's so gorgeous. I know you've said it was a lot more time & money than you'd originally planned. But do you feel like it was worth it in the end? It certainly looks like it's going to give everyone a lot of pleasure for a lot of years.

Us too, I hope. lol In other words, got any recent videos?