NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Different language

Doronxl7

Hey guys.. I don't know where to open this thread..

Anyway, at the house we speak Hebrew, parants between themself speak Rumanian and TV / music / when friends come / family etc' English.

That can make my Congo african grey confused? Maybe she won't talk at all because of this?

Or it's doesn't matter if she hears few languages.

P.s I am her " favorite " person and take care of her, speak to her always English yet hearing music next to her at different languages if it's metter.

I have a re-homed zon who I have had since he was 1 1/2 year old and he is now 6. His former parronts were from India and so he speaks that language. Louie also speaks English. He doesn't get confused and although I don't know what he says, it is interesting to hear his other language.

Edited by luvparrots

Language doesn't confuse them. They learn pretty quickly! A grey can learn yes or no in many languages! Just don't confuse them with one paront saying yes, one saying no. The entire family, always needs to be on the same page and what goals are.When Sophie was younger, we all met weekly to discuss Sophie's progress. We recognized, she was a manipulator and serious actress. I was always worried about her plucking and occasional " awkard feather" that needed plucking.I would " go crazy" regarding a stray feather that needed to come out!She would actually limp, sensing my anxiety!Ryan knew she was an actress. He is a natural bird whisperer! He would tell her to pull the feather and she would. Nancy

They're actually much better than we are at learning language. Almost every bird on the forum is bilingual. But I don't know of any parront here that speaks even pidgin parrot. ")

In the beginning, you might want to try to be consistent about specific words associated w/a specific thing or event. Doesn't matter what language. Just make it easy to connect the dots. But once they're connected, you'll be surprised at what she'll absorb & how quickly. That goes double for anything you'd rather she didn't repeat, btw!

Sunny, my rescue sunconure is very old. Noone knows how old, but he can't speak. He was our first bird, and out of forever homes. He bonded to Kiki our Amazon( God rest her soul), and had to suffer the indignity of sitting between Kiki and Sophie on his rope. He walked out to me one day and carried on for five minutes in his own language. I could tell he was annoyed that girls kept climbing into his cage, sinking his rope! He gets his point across. Nancy

They're actually much better than we are at learning language. Almost every bird on the forum is bilingual. But I don't know of any parront here that speaks even pidgin parrot. ")

In the beginning, you might want to try to be consistent about specific words associated w/a specific thing or event. Doesn't matter what language. Just make it easy to connect the dots. But once they're connected, you'll be surprised at what she'll absorb & how quickly. That goes double for anything you'd rather she didn't repeat, btw!

I know a few Grey calls, probably don't have the 'accent' correct... and am rapidly learning some Amazon. :P

Sunny, my rescue sunconure is very old. Noone knows how old, but he can't speak. He was our first bird, and out of forever homes. He bonded to Kiki our Amazon( God rest her soul), and had to suffer the indignity of sitting between Kiki and Sophie on his rope. He walked out to me one day and carried on for five minutes in his own language. I could tell he was annoyed that girls kept climbing into his cage, sinking his rope! He gets his point across. Nancy

They are so funny. Alex says a few words but my husband says I am the only one who can understand him with his funny little sun conure accent, lol.