NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Your Grey's Favorite Seed Mix

Elvenking

I usually get Isaac a huge 25LB bag of seed mix from our local Parrot Haven. However, I wouldn't mind hearing from folks what seed mix their Grey really takes to. Please share a link to order if you can. I understand that it is typically the lesser part of their diet, but a continuous one at that...so I want to be sure I have done my best to find some good ones.

I will have to check with my trimmer what I feed her. I know it is a mix of freezedryed fruits and veggies as well as a pellet mix of his choosing. Sophie gets many veggies and fruits, seeds are limited. He decides her diet. I know many will think why my trimmer decides her diet...think of it as having a personal trainer. He has been involved with her life from day one. She is happy and thriving! Nancy

Toulouse gets Lafeber's nutri-an seed cakes (foraging/weight maintenance) every other day. I cut the squares into smaller cubes and put these in his foraging toy. While he has to work for them, he's pretty clever and usually gets to them quickly. Steve

I get the Volkman Hookbill and their Large Parrot, and mix them together. What I like about their seed mixes is that they're free of those annoying pantry moths that every other seed mix I tried have. I still take out all the in-shell nuts and substitute human grade nuts as treats. What I don't like about Volkman is that they never respond to phone calls or e-mails. The only stores I can find that carry it in Canada both have to ship it to me. A local pet store was willing to try to get it in for me, but they never responded to him either. Kind of annoying.