NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this little buddy an adult or a teenager? (It's obvious it's not a baby)

Burak

I'm planning to get another african grey. I talked to a guy who claims this one is a young one. I know their eyes start from nearly black to grey in time. He says this buddy's eyes are dark greyish so he's a young one (around a year old) but I couldn't be sure. Could you please help with your comments about it? (If this buddy is an adult or a young one like he claims)

You can find a video below:

http://uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1408456827&/VID-20140819-WA0002.3gp

VID-20140819-WA0002.3gp

Thanks in advance for your support.

Burak

IMG-20140819-WA0001.jpg

It`s hard for us to know from the picture because we don't know how old the picture is and if the picture color is right.

A best guess I could give from the picture would be under two years old not knowing how long ago the picture was taken and the color quality or true color.

The straw yellow color of the eyes would be over two years old.

P.S. This is based on the thumbnail picture above.

Edited by Ray P

I couldn't get to the video. Both videos took me to advertisements and no video. I agree with others that its hard to tell from the photo. How hard is it to find an African Grey in Istanbul? I agree with others that age isn't as much of a factor as the unique match between you and your companion. When we consider the lifespan of this parrot, ten years is a fraction of your lifetime together. My rehomed parrot is at least ten and her age was not near the factor as her unfortunate experiences with other humans that made her a "bird with issues". She was a perfect fit for me and not only kept her age a secret but also surprised us with a gender switch up after the first couple of years of thinking she was a he. It can't hurt to meet your grey and observe behavior to see if you are a good fit.