NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who bonds with who?

2birds

I know that most claim that the sex of the bird doesn't matter and I mostly agree but still kind of on the fence about it.

Out of everyone who absolutely knows the sex of their bird. Who is bonded to them and who isn't? Who is the same gender as their bird and who isn't? I would like to kind of take a survey.

Well it depends on how much the entire family are committed!When we got our birds, I was the least interested! Kids were sure, this is what they wanted to do.We had males, we had females. It didn't matter regarding their sex.It mattered mostly about behavior modification, commitment and routine. Thats where we all strived. Nancy

Misty is male as am I. We get along just fine but I sometimes get the feeling he is just biding his time until the right woman comes along. I just hope she suits us both ! :D

Steve n Misty

That's what it is like with my new little girl. I'm female and we're getting along just fine but I think she really prefers the guys. Her favorite at the breeders was the husband even though the wife fed everyone. I had my nieces drag their boyfriends over so she can feel more comfortable. lol She freely went to everybody.

HRH Inara is female. I am female. My spouse is male. HRH and I are very solidly bonded. She on occasion will choose to go with Joe if I'm not in the room, but normally just says hello to him, chats with him, and will whistle for him (he has his own, individual call that she uses). I explained to him that she "likes him as a friend," hahah :D :D

I have 3 females. And 3 kids. Right now I am the only one arou d, so they have no choice. Out of the 3, Nilah my amazon is very bonded to me , but I can see she really likes my daughters boyfriends thru ur the years. Talon says in the background due to her place in the flock, she is third on the perch. When y daughter is home, rikki prefers her. Talon does love men, she just doesn't have any in her life at this time. She isn't interested in my sons...prefers my ex husband.....why???? Ill never understand!

I live alone and am retired. I have 4 parrots, two male BF zons, a male CAG, and a female TAG. They are not friendly with anyone else. I do not try to get them involved with visitors. They follow me around my home when they are out. My son the chef has plans to BBQ my fids when they no longer have a parront. None of my family are fond of birds so when I am no longer here my oldest daughter will be contacting Greyforums to see if anyone needs a new parrot. Sorry!

I live alone and am retired. I have 4 parrots, two male BF zons, a male CAG, and a female TAG. They are not friendly with anyone else. I do not try to get them involved with visitors. They follow me around my home when they are out. My son the chef has plans to BBQ my fids when they no longer have a parront. None of my family are fond of birds so when I am no longer here my oldest daughter will be contacting Greyforums to see if anyone needs a new parrot. Sorry!

There are plenty of people here that would care for your babies if in need. Nobody will let them get BBQ'ed

So far Poet goes to anybody but she's just a baby. I want to try to keep it that way because I want my oldest niece to take her when I kick the bucket and she has to get along with men too. I really don't think that will be a problem with her though. I think my niece is a bird herself, or a butterfly, I'm not sure which.

I am a male and have a female CAG. She loves me very much and allows me to hold her upside down. She is a very sweet bird to me. She only tollerates my wife. She will accept snacks from my wife but will not step up for her or allow her to touch her cage.

Sean and Sophie were hanging out today when I got home. They were adorable! Sean is off to college next Saturday. Sophie has loved him all summer. I am on the back burner! He was worried about Sophie, has she only has " eyes", for him right now. I told him the honest truth, that " once he leaves", I will become her favorite again. It will take a week. LOL! He wanted to know why I wasn't jealous as Sophie is my bird? I told him the honest truth. My " goal", was always for Sophie to love and accept the entire family. She bonded with me first, then loved Ryan. He left for college, then she loved Sean the most. Sophie skypes with Ryan, they continue their relationship. Sean can do the same.My goal has been met. Nancy

Sean and Sophie were hanging out today when I got home. They were adorable! Sean is off to college next Saturday. Sophie has loved him all summer. I am on the back burner! He was worried about Sophie, has she only has " eyes", for him right now. I told him the honest truth, that " once he leaves", I will become her favorite again. It will take a week. LOL! He wanted to know why I wasn't jealous as Sophie is my bird? I told him the honest truth. My " goal", was always for Sophie to love and accept the entire family. She bonded with me first, then loved Ryan. He left for college, then she loved Sean the most. Sophie skypes with Ryan, they continue their relationship. Sean can do the same.My goal has been met. Nancy

That's really great that Sophie likes everyone. That how I want my Poet to be, so I will make sure I do everything in my power to give her that opportunity.