NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Can I take my CAG with me?

Doronxl7

Hey guys, Annie is 6 months old Congo African Grey.

Can I bring her with me to my family house? (15-20 minutes drive)

I bought her at 18.06.14 and after three days went overseas so she stayed with my girlfriend, at 30.06.14 I took her back. Last Friday I brought new and larger cage as I told at my last thread.

Now, can I take her with me for 1 night? She got her wings clipped right now.. It'll make her stress or something? What the risk's of taking her with me right now?

Relax and give it a try. I find that often is the parront whose anxiety comes through and their grey's picking up on the owner's fears and being unsure that cause the problems. Don't assume that things will go wrong. Enjoy and so will your grey.

Edited by luvparrots

Take her with you. I am sure she would by far prefer to be with you. Get her used to wearing a harness though so you can let her flights come back and take her out in relative safety. I am of the opinion that a clipped parrot is more at risk than one fully flighted. I do hope you let her be a bird. Any bird that cannot properly fly is also more likely to get stressed. Whenever I read of a clipped Grey my heart sinks. It is good you have a bigger cage but I think that although she should get used to the idea that her cage is her place it's door should be shut only when you cannot be with her. Sorry but I do tend to go off when I see that dread "C" word.

Steve n Misty

Edited by Mistyparrot

Take her with you. I am sure she would by far prefer to be with you. Get her used to wearing a harness though so you can let her flights come back and take her out in relative safety. I am of the opinion that a clipped parrot is more at risk than one fully flighted. I do hope you let her be a bird. Any bird that cannot properly fly is also more likely to get stressed. Whenever I read of a clipped Grey my heart sinks. It is good you have a bigger cage but I think that although she should get used to the idea that her cage is her place it's door should be shut only when you cannot be with her. Sorry but I do tend to go off when I see that dread "C" word.

Steve n Misty

Thanks for the comments :)

Steve, I do leave the cage door open always. I close it only at night time or when nobody home (got little dog also).

Annie free to walk the house whenever she want.

I do think just like you, I bought her this way with clipped wings...

I wouldn't worry about it so much. I plan on dragging mine around with me all over the place if she will tolerate it. We used to go everywhere with our birds when I was a kid. They were amazons and a lory not greys, but I think people make them out to be worse than they really are and protect them too much from fears.