NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Aww but Ewww

jgerardo

This is the second day in a row that Luna regurgitates his food for me. It is sweet but disgusting at the same time! It's happened where I'm holding him and he comes up to me and leaves me a present.

Peck, too, has found a lover.

It's the good looking bird he sees in his stainless steel bell. LOL

It makes cleaning the bell and perch below it a lot less fun.......

NEVER refuse the regurg. They work hard to offer it! LOL Many think it is sexual, etc, its just love. Thank your baby, and give something in return. Sophie has been with us for forever, but still does the regurg after a fun day. I always thank her for it, and accept it in my hand. I give her a treat in turn. She is pleased.The regurg for a baby, is totally different for a mature grey. Nancy

NEVER refuse the regurg. They work hard to offer it! LOL Many think it is sexual, etc, its just love. Thank your baby, and give something in return. Sophie has been with us for forever, but still does the regurg after a fun day. I always thank her for it, and accept it in my hand. I give her a treat in turn. She is pleased.The regurg for a baby, is totally different for a mature grey. Nancy

I remember many many years ago I went to a party with my brother. We both had had a few drinks and my bro went to sit next to a pretty girl to chat. Unfortunately he expressed his interest in the manner of a love struck Grey. Sadly it was less than appreciated :P. :)

Steve n Misty

Seriously, they are animals and are doing this instinctually. You are confusing your bird if you encourage this behavior. You are not a mate. This behavior is meant for a mate. You are not a mate-- you are the owner and caretaker. When my guy started regurgitating I just ignored him and walked away. The behavior soon stopped. He does not do it anymore. This does not change the fact that i love him and he knows this. Also, he is not wasting a perfectly good lunch on me. :)

chezron.... I disagree! Sophie has regurged since she came to live here at age two. Of course, first few regurg's was mama/baby... but as she aged, the regurg was a " reward to me". She had a very fun day, and wanted to reward me. She now will give me a regurg here and there. I watch her working on it, I catch it in my hand, and say " For me?" Why thank You! I find something to give her back. She is pleased.

Regurg for babies is a normal instinct. Never allow regurg mouth to mouth. Satisfy the oral stage, as there are many stages to satisfy. Sophie has never done anything sexual, outside of doing a sexual dance with ryan's feet when he was asleep. I give " sexual behavior", a very quick glance,and don't believe in it very much. Nancy