NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Parrot safety

NurseRatched2

My beloved friend, Rocco, drowned in the bathtub. I am sharing this to help someone avoid the pain I have experienced. My beautiful 13 year old African Grey climbed up the shower curtain and fell in the bathtub and drowned. A water main had broken so they turned the water off to work on the pipe. My husband filled up the bathtub so we would have water to flush the toilet. He left the bathroom door open and we came home from work to find her dead. It was the most horrible day of my life. Please, please do not leave any standing water. They are so curious!

Condolences to your family for your profound loss. You have such a caring heart to overcome your grief and come to tell us to help prevent any of us from experiencing your pain. I am so very sorry you lost Rocco. Filling the tub was such a common sense sort of thing recommended for hurricanes and natural disasters. It was an accident, be as kind and forgiving to yourselves as you would be to your best friend. Your grief for losing Rocco is more than enough loss for you to bear. I am so sorry for you to lose your beautiful and much loved Rocco.

• 2 weeks later...