NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who covers their birds at night?

Loco11

I don't cover Inara, but I do lower our solar shades at about 6 PM so that the light is dimmed. We are usually in another part of the house by 7 so she is not often disturbed. In the winter she moves to the dining room so that the lights are off and it is dark by early evening.

I have 5 birds. All are covered at night by a dark sheet that only covers the top half. I have a busy household and it let's them no its bedtime and also gives them privacy from any goings on, even tho they all have their own room.

I don't cover Amadeus. No need. I have to close the cage door when I have the girlfriend over or he will fly to the bedroom to be a pest. Otherwise I just leave the cage door open for him to do whatever. Interesting when I am in the trailer as he has to fly from the cage up to the bedroom in the front and make a hard left to the bed. He is quite adamant about being numero uno, lol. The tv is on all day for him, but I keep the cage door closed until I get home. When I go to bed the sun is usually still up, and I wake up around 3 or 4 in the morning and drink coffee until work time. Not sure if he sleeps all day, or watches tv. He loves to play on the floor with me and walk thru my arms rubbing himself. Any time I am parked at a trailer park, the neighbors say he talks and whistles at them. the blinds are always down at a trailer park so he can only hear people or animals around the trailer.

I used to cover Ruby's cage back when I lived in a apartment but now that she sleeps in my room and I'm at home I don't bother covering her cage because it's such a hassle. At night I sometimes forget to close her cage and I'll wake up in the morning to find her perched on top of the door to her cage or inside her cage on her favorite perch. Rarely does she climb down to wake me. And if she does, it's usually cause it's around 11 or so and I've slept in lol