NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Photo Contest

Muse

One of our goals here at Marden's Ark is to try to be as self-sufficient as we can. One of our constant and highest expenses is fresh food. To do what is best for the birds here we feed normally expensive organic produce to avoid pesticides and chemicals. To help with our goals we have a garden project, started this year. We eventually hope to add a greenhouse to enable year-round produce to be grown.

We order many of our seeds from SeedsNow, and they are currently having a photo contest. We have about a day and a half left. The prize is a seed bank for fall planting but they are also giving away gift certificates. We would be extremely grateful for any votes to help us in this contest!

Here is the link - no registration required, just an email address:

https://www.wishpond.com/lp/198981/entries/2029087

Thanks in advance to anyone who votes for us!

--

Muse (Dee) at Marden's Ark

Thanks to all who voted. We did not win, sadly, but will still be ordering fall garden seeds (and more seeds next year) from SeedsNow. They sell non-GMO, non-hybridized and heirloom seeds that are capable of being harvested and saved for future planting! Many hybrids, patented, and GMO plants produce infertile seeds or seeds that do not produce true to the fruit. We are hoping once the garden is well established we can let plants "go to seed" and produce the seeds needed for the next year's crop. I have already ordered from them and planted and have okra plants and a pumpkin vine growing very well. No harvest yet as I found SeedsNow late in the planting season so they are trailing behind what I started indoors. But we still have a lot of summer/fall to go!

Thanks again to all who voted!

My family has seeds they gather from one crop to the next. We will be visiting next week and I will ask. They get a lot from the Pennsylvania and Ohio Amish communities. I am guessing you are within driving distance. I may be able to volunteer and help out some time.

My family has seeds they gather from one crop to the next. We will be visiting next week and I will ask. They get a lot from the Pennsylvania and Ohio Amish communities. I am guessing you are within driving distance. I may be able to volunteer and help out some time.

That would be wonderful! We are just N. of Raleigh outside of Youngsville NC. It's a pretty far drive from Atlanta, though.

Oh No! I voted too late. :( I did love the picture of the garden and your land. Very beautiful.

Thank you! We let the back portion go back to nature. My husband wants so bad to cut it but we leave it natural for the outside birds. Much grass and other plants have gone to seed, killdeer nest near the back, and the place is mockingbird heaven with the Bradford pear trees and the long grass. Someday the aviary will be there but for now it's my 'meadow'.