NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Goodbye Cocoa, Hello Kilaya

dhorje

Kilaya looks so sweet. Even with all of her sweetness, and her need for you at this tender age, it does have to still be difficult for you. The deep love you had for Cocoa, and the sadness at Cocoa's death will fill such a large portion of your heart for much time to come. It is nice that Kilaya is so small, so that as she grows the joy that will grow with her can help slowly, over time, to abate your sadness until your heart is filled with fond memories of Cocoa and new experiences with Kilaya. She can never replace Cocoa's place in your home and your heart, but eventually, she will add her own type of imprint in both. She is a lucky girl to have a human who has loved so deeply before, as she will be able to feel that she, too, will be treasured.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will always LOVE Cocoa! There is no comparison! Don't even try. Kilaya needs a parrent, and you need to open your heart to a new family member. I can understand, how hard it is to do. I KNOW ollie would love to have a new mate, but I just cant do it, since I lost Zoey. We will have a " temporary pup", in a few weeks. I just hope Ollie doesn't get too attached! Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problem feeding Kilaya. He doesn't seem to like to be fed. I have to force feed him everyday. He eats very little and has not been gaining weight for the last 5 days.

He is too young to be weaned soon. He is only 2 months old. I checked with an online vet. He said he is doing fine as he is also a breeder himself.

I gave him some fresh food to play with. He likes chewing banana and cooked sweet corn on the cob.

Cocoa was so much easier to feed then.

You have so much experience, you will sort out what he needs. Its good news that is weight is not dropping. He's young to be fledging, so maybe he is getting interested in food he can feed himself. Hope he gets it sorted so he doesn't worry his daddy.

You have so much experience, you will sort out what he needs. Its good news that is weight is not dropping. He's young to be fledging, so maybe he is getting interested in food he can feed himself. Hope he gets it sorted so he doesn't worry his daddy.

He is more interested in cooked carrots and cooked corn today. I gave him 5ml of plain yogurt as advised by my online vet.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice he doesn't like eating formula. I have to force feed him by tube feeding twice a day ensuring that he is getting enough nutrients to grow. In between he takes fresh fruits and vegetables and also whole grains cereal (human food). I spoon feed him a little warmed up yogurt and heinz baby fruit puree. He is also eating fresh palm nut. He is going to wean early.