NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

beginings of a life long adventure

2birds

I went to see them and they were adorable. They're 8 weeks old and there is male and a female, the boy is 4 days older than the girl. I was hoping to go often so they can get to know me before I brought one home but six hours in the car killed me. They should be ready for their new homes at about sixteen weeks so maybe I can see them a couple of more times before mine comes home. I was really liking the girl but their was no reasoning behind it because they were both nice. They were a little bit leery of strangers and getting their picture taken but that's understandable.

this is the boy

20140617_174323.jpg

this is the girl

20140617_174313.jpg

I have no doubt you may have a fleeting thought of "what was I thinking". But, if your experience is anything like mine, you will have many more moments when you think, "How was my life ever complete without a grey in my life?"

How exciting!! I was in the same position 5 years ago. One boy, one girl. After several visits it became obvious who I was going to take home. He chose me & there was no looking back. One of the greatest decisions I have made in my life, Biscotti never fails to make me smile. It has been a learning process for both of us, but I have no doubt that he was meant to be in my life.

Go as often as you can, the choice will come in time.

• Haha 1

So sweet!! Congratulations, you are welcoming a very fascinating, brilliant, and sensitive creature into your life. It is great that you still have so much time to educate yourself about raising your new little one to become a companion that fills your home with love and laughter...ok and poop and fluff and debris and sounds that can amaze, delight, and at times even annoy :) Can't wait to hear about every step of the way!

I am really excited. Right now I have an alexandrine parakeet and a goffins too. I got them both as adults and I absolutely love both of these guys. They both have very distinctive personalities and very different from each other. Yeah, there is feathers everywhere at times, and food everywhere, and poop, and shredded papers and chips of wood. But the smiles and enjoyment that they bring pay for it.

I really believe that temperaments are genetic but personalities can be formed quite a bit with experiences that the bird encounters. I am certainly going to do my best to help this baby become an adult who is confident, happy and as social as he/she can be.

Oh, did I mention all of the yelling. They love, love, love to be loud. But you know that already.

Edited by 2birds

Well, I think it's been settled that the hen will come home with me. They are growing fast and starting to come out of their tub and play. It sure seems like the wait is long. I think that I will name her Piper but not totally sure about that yet.

She is the one in the tub.

Firsttimeformaleperching1.jpg

47acaaef-e740-4c0f-bf98-c836759e35d3.jpg

Firsttimeformaleperching1.jpg

87e1340a-8d56-4db9-89a0-35e3fd1f95cf.jpg

Edited by 2birds