NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

1st bath

alex2014

I posted on here how Alex was afraid of the spray and I didn't want to break the trust I'm building by spraying him. Thanks to all the great advise about not making the bath a priority. I did take the suggestion and start putting a bowl of water in the bottom of his cage every day. So far he has not touched it.

This morning as I was getting ready I heard him whisteling and making a racket, when I peaked around the corner I laughed to myself. There he was at the drinking water bowl frolicking in the water, ducking his head and throwing water everywhere, having a grand time.

So I guess thats a good start. I'll keep the dish in his cage also, hoping he tries that as his big butt doesn't fit the water bowl very well.

• Haha 1

How wonderful that Alex followed his natural instincts! Inara has two water dishes, one she drinks from and one thst she sqeezes herself into to bathe. I've offered her large dishes at the bottom of her cage but she ignores them. I do intend to try the suggestion of putting greens into one to see if that is something she might enjoy. At some time in the future you might see if Alex likes to be spritzed when he is flapping his wings during his bath time. Inara loves that and it helped her get over her trepidation about being misted. Yay for Alex!!!

I LOVE Ray's invention. Alex, give it a try! I WISH I could give Sophie a shower or spray with her blessing! Hoping when I get my aviator harness, maybe she would enjoy a spritz outside. I continue to get a polite " no thank you". Shower her as quick as I can when dander and feathers really need it. It is tough to hear " ROM no! (mom)". I am so happy to be forgiven quickly, but I can't imagine what new parents, or new owners go thru. I'm not punished, because she loves me to death.( she is mad at me though!). nancy

This is what I use as bath tub for my fids.

It`s a rabbit litter pan that hangs in the cage so it`s not on the floor so they don`t poop in it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25302[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25303[/ATTACH]

Is that lucite? It looks pretty durable. I want one! Going to have to start searching on the rabbit sites. Thanks! Megan loves water but won't go down to the floor (or even the birdbath). This would be PERFECT for her!

You can find these at some pet stores.

Get the biggest one they have and I like the wing nut type mount best.

They are about 5 or 6 bucks as I remember.

P.S. They also come in different colors.

The one you see was in Crickets cage as Corky does not like blue.

Edited by Ray P

THANK you so much Ray! I appreciate it. I am going to get some and see how they do. Will post wet bird pics if successful!

In all of my researching about african greys, I am learning a lot about them. Now, I have to figure out what color my baby is going to like too? Ahhh