NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ahh, another 1st for Smokey today... Anyone have a band-aid??

geo

Well im battling a bug or something so my wife and kids have been helping with Smokey. So about 20 mins ago i took Smokey to the kitchen with me while i unloaded the dishwasher and thought to myself, i wonder how smokey is with water, plus he is past due for a birdie bath.... Welp my pinky finger would like to announce Smokey HATES water.... Man he latched ahold and wouldn't let go... So there iam with no voice due to the bug trying to calmly tell smokey its okay and to please let go.. He finally let go and just gave me the "oh man dad im sorry look" So Smokey is now on his cage top enjoying a fortune cookie before bed. I blame myself not him, I should have started off with a mist bottle... This is a learning process for all of us. and a laugh for most of you that have been there done that..lol

We got "Isaac" about 3 months ago and do a mist from a bottle bath about 3 times a week now. He seems ok with it! This last week we moved his bathtub perch higher up in the shower and he stayed in there as my wife showered. He's a joy to have around !

LOL From what I've read here, most of us can mist our birds at will, but the "full bath" is something they must decide to do on their own! Timber always enjoys misting, but when it is time to open those feathers and get soaked, he is ready when he is ready and not before :)

If you mist Sophie, you have just punished her for a crime she didn't commit! She gets showered... but it is something that needs to get done, she knows it, and we both bite the bullet! The only way I can do it, as she trusts me. I feel her pain, and empathize with her. She LOVES the praise after and how proud I am of her. Nancy

• 4 weeks later...

Peck had a badly needed shower today and at first I was worried because he already gives me the impression he'd love to sink his beak into my hand. But he took it really well and after a short time leaned forward and fluffed up. He didn't open his wings, but he was overall pretty cooperative. Megan used to strike out at the spray bottle back when we were new parronts and forced the shower issue, but luckily never got flesh.