NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bubba concern.

murfchck

So for the past days, Bubba has had some very smelly poo. One morning poo had me gagging for some fresh air. I scrubbed his cage down yesterday, but the smell still lingered and i actually thought maybe an animal died in the wall or outside by the window or something. He is eating fine, lots of pellets when he is on his stand but nothing much when he is in the cage. I did switch from Zupreem Veggie blend to Zupreem Fruit blend, thinking they needed a change but i don't think this would cause the aroma.Then last night when we were putting them up for dinner, he would grab a noodle from his bowl and run to the bottom of the cage to eat it, come up for another bite then right back down. He would shred his paper while down there, so we are confused if we should be worried or if he was just playing down there. My plan is to get him to the vet, but money is a concern right now. I got the birds their own medical credit card but i have not gotten it yet, hopefully it comes in today! ( he gets cysts in his vent that have blocked his pooing and has had a few minor surgeries to remove them, i am just worried they may be back and further up his bum) Pat did get him to take a bath last night and he really enjoyed it, his poo sticks to his feathers, not that it was bad or anything but he thought maybe he was just uncomfortable. Nuts are also a big deal to him but everyone we handed him last night, he tossed out. Finally though, he did take an almond and munch on it. I am sure i am over reacting but he is my baby boy.

Bubba has had his (& everyone else's) share of problems. So I don't think you're over cautious under the circumstances. If the card is in the mail, then it's approved. So I'd think you can call the insurance company & get the relevant info to be able to use the policy.

As to whether or not this is anything, idk. Kura will get really stinky poops from eating certain things. She's pretty much normal other than the smell. Well, she also tends to have squeaky poops ...gassy when they drop. It can last for a couple of days even after she's stopped eating whatever.

The floor thing is weird. But not eat a favorite thing? That is usually a flag to me. So, I'd at least call the vet & insurance co. I think.

All seems fine again in the macaw kingdom, except for Oliver falling on his face yesterday. Bubba pulled a cactus off the mantle and meyham ensued. Ever feel like being stunned and confused, be in our house when a noise happens outside of the ordinary. Cockatoo's and Macaws start screaming so loud walls rumble, sometimes they take flight and the greys always take flight. So you have 4 screaming and 3 flying (sometimes 5 flying), you don't know where to begin to settle things down again. But to make it worse, when you do get it settled and look back at the bird who started it all and swear he was smiling at you, all you can do is throw your arms up in the air and surrender.

Sounds as much fun as my trying to clean Harry Too's cage, when he is loose as chaos ensues. He has it in for Pookie and now he is trying to terrorize Fred fred had to put a broom in between them as Fred fred was hooting in fear and Harry was lazer focused on him. OOps now he is headed to Smokey Joes cage and Joe will do a toe-ectomy. Meanwhile I am removing paper, trying to sweep out the loose stuff, wipe down the tray and keep everyone safe. Done & Harry returned to protective (for every one else) custody, now it is time for a bubble bath or a Margarita, but out of time got to make dinner for every one feathered and human. Guess I will sleep well.

Edited by Greywings

A day in the life when you have many birds I guess, because other than the names that is a typical day here!

Why do bruises take so long to show? Ollie has a big one on his crop/neck area from his fall while he is still recovering from the other fall he took and scraped his keel bone. If someone saw him right now they would call CPS on us. A bald, bruised, cut up bird, it would be hard to see how spoiled he really is! He just gets so excited he starts dancing and flipping out his wings as much as he can and just dances himself off the branch.