NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bongo and Gabby sitting in a tree...

murfchck

K- i- s- s- i- n- g!

So last night was a first. Gabby loves cardboard boxes, and she has had one now on the kitchen table that she has been picking at since Sunday. This is her box and she will fly over to it if i try and clean up the mess around it and give me my three knock warning. No one or other bird can go near it, except for Pat. Last night we were in the kitchen watching the Toos actually play tug of war with a toy between their stands and they were quiet for a change, Gabby was in her box and Bongo was on my shoulder and Cotay on Pats shoulder. I had set Bongo on the table so i could grab my camera, he ran right to the box and started playing with Gabby and Gabby was allowing it! This is a first on so many levels. Gabby letting him near her area and Bongo playing instead of being "the statue". He was chewing bits off the box and then kinda laying flat and kicking the pieces back with his foot. ( Like a dog covering his poop in the yard ). They were beak kissing and doing the beak rubbing. It was so darn cute. He was even tapping his beak on everything around him and bobbing his little head. Bongo has never been social with the others, he is just layed back and mellow, it was so special to see him involved in something. Today may be totally different, but last night will last a long time in my memory!

• Haha 1

K- i- s- s- i- n- g!

............ I had set Bongo on the table so i could grab my camera, he ran right to the box and started playing with Gabby and Gabby was allowing it! This is a first on so many levels. Gabby letting him near her area and Bongo playing instead of being "the statue". He was chewing bits off the box and then kinda laying flat and kicking the pieces back with his foot. ( Like a dog covering his poop in the yard ). They were beak kissing and doing the beak rubbing. It was so darn cute. He was even tapping his beak on everything around him and bobbing his little head. ..............

So where are the pictures??????????? Huh huh huh

So i am not the best video maker or picture taker, but please not how quiet it is in our house! :-) The first is a video, not sure where the play button is but just click on it to watch. The picture is of Bongo kicking, lol.

th_20140211_174056_zpst1pcakob.jpg

20140211_183740_LLS_zpsbdagwgdy.jpg

Edited by murfchck

So that was short lived. Now i just have 2 frustrated greys. Gabby actually bit me for the first time in a while and Bongo learned he doesn't "need" me anymore except for raw pasta shells. Last night i was had soaked beans and was making them for their dinner, i got out the wacky mac and Bongo flew to my shoulder for his share, took a mouthful and went on his stand over the sink to eat them. When he finished, instead of coming back to my shoulder to help me, he got on my shoulder and flew right back to his stand in the window and started playing. I felt rejected, he always stays with me, he is my jr chef! I turned my back to stir the beans and he came back, i gave him a taste and when he finished it, he flew right back to his stand again. When i was putting everything in their bowls, he came back, slid down my arm and started eating out of the bowls. I am going to miss my needy Bongo, but am happy to see him getting independant. My Gabby monster was just cranky. She finally was able to get to a part of my counter that "held" 4 mugs that were for show. She wanted those mugs so bad but i would always move her and say mine, not yours. She snuck past me and i did not know she was even close to them until i heard the crash. I just looked at her and asked if she was happy, she just bobbed her head up and down and flew back to the table with pride in her flight. Funny though, she never went back to the counter again. She finally did what she was hell bent on doing and she moved on! Now i have to worry about whats next!