NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Geeezzzz I give up

Parrot Lady

it figures , I'am the one that called about Baby our new grey and drove an hour to go get her and bring her back here and now she loves my hubby :( I spent extra time with her today just to see if I could scratch her head which is a no no for me according to her , the only time I can do that is when she is with her daddy either sitting on his lap or when she is on his shoulder , hubby can do anything with her and I noticed she still shakes a little when she is with me , so is she still nervous around me ? and it will just take time right? she will step right up for me so I guess that's a good sign , but that's it

It sooo sucks when we do all the work. Cleaning cages, buying toys, feeding them, and they choose another family member. BUTTT....I have had Sophie for more than a decade,she loves me to death, knows I offer her a safe, stable enviroment.She knows when there are decisions to be made, I decide.She also LOVES kids being involved in her life. They each have something to offer her. A grey will decide " what you have to offer" and develop on that information.

sophie has decided... Ryan is fun, plays music on his guitar and encourages her to sing and dance. Sean is GREAT at hide and seek. Rom ( mom) is GREAT at everything else! Sophie stepsup to the entire family. That was always my goal. When I broke my foot... all my animals knew there was a change in our family dynamics.Dogs walked slower on their leashes.... Sophie was on my shoulder 24/7, it got to a point that I was loved to death! Nancy

my wife and I spend equal time with our "Isaac", however he apparently has little need to spend time with me and will not allow me to scratch his head, or neck, but will allow my wife to to handle him with great ease and acceptance. When we are on the couch together he will cross all terrain to get from me to his momma....oh well I will just keep an open mind and understand that we live in their world !!

1111.jpg

my wife and I spend equal time with our "Isaac", however he apparently has little need to spend time with me and will not allow me to scratch his head, or neck, but will allow my wife to to handle him with great ease and acceptance. When we are on the couch together he will cross all terrain to get from me to his momma....oh well I will just keep an open mind and understand that we live in their world !!

Cute picture, but I have a suggestion. Be careful wearing jewellery around your baby. They have a bit of the magpie in them, and I'l hate to see you with a broken necklace or more ear piercing than you want.

I agree that Greys love and pick one owner. BUT.... there is a reason that Sophie loves us all. We all were involved in feeding, cleaning cages and " timeout", when she was younger. We all followed the " rules" that we made out for her. We are big into playing games as a family that she so wanted to be part of. She had to " stepup" to the person whose turn it was. If you asked me today, who does Sophie love the most, I couldn't tell you! Sean my youngest coming home from college this week. She is going to go NUTS with happiness! Nancy