NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Anyone has a diet plan for his grey? this would help

Lamya

Hi everyone

:D

I have a bunch of questions about my CAG's food plan

I just got him so I am planning on setting a food plan for him, he is 7 months old.

the thing is, his previous owner only fed him sunflower seeds, which is not good.

As soon as I got him, about a week, I started feeding him some veggie's and fruits, he eats some and throws the other half of it, but it's progressing at the moment.

I also bought him a pellet, which consist of several seeds, dried fruit, peanut shells, and a 45% of sunflower seed, and that sounds bad enough, so I am switching to another kind of pellet.

If I get a new pellet mix, what kind of seeds can i mix in with it? I've heard i can mix in some canary seeds?, also, How many times should I provide the pellet mix? twice or once a day? or just freely? I really want him to eat more veggies than pellets, but I know that they need seeds and nuts.

So if anyone has a similar diet plan, with a little bit of pellets and more veggies and fruits, it would really really help me!

Thank you.

Dark yellow or orange fruits and veggies are good. They usually have a lot of vitamin A. They also like citrus fruit, bananas and grapes. I feed a rice and lentil mix. The link to the thread with the recipe is here http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?200985-Oriental-Rice-and-Lentils. I feed Harrison's high potency coarse as a base diet mixed with pretty bird African special. Some say red palm oil is good because they eat it in the wild. I am thinking of ordering some but havent yet.

Most of the people on this forum use "abundant feeding" which means the grey always has food available. I keep Timber's pellets and seed available all the time, and I give him fresh foods (chop, sweet potatoes, quinoa mix and other things he will eat) twice a day. Don't leave fresh stuff in for over four hours because of deterioration. He gets a quarter slice of peanut butter toast and a bit of egg for breakfast. I also have a veggie skewer I hang with fresh peas in the pod, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and whatever. Does he eat all of it? Not hardly. He also wastes a lot. He does maintain his weight and gets some healthy stuff in though, which is my goal.

Most of the people on this forum use "abundant feeding" which means the grey always has food available. I keep Timber's pellets and seed available all the time, and I give him fresh foods (chop, sweet potatoes, quinoa mix and other things he will eat) twice a day. Don't leave fresh stuff in for over four hours because of deterioration. He gets a quarter slice of peanut butter toast and a bit of egg for breakfast. I also have a veggie skewer I hang with fresh peas in the pod, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and whatever. Does he eat all of it? Not hardly. He also wastes a lot. He does maintain his weight and gets some healthy stuff in though, which is my goal.

Thank you a lot! Yes he eats half and the other half is his new toy lol :D , I will be preparing meals and freezing them soon, thanks!

I keep pellets in Breezy's bowl all the time and feed him his bean mix with fruit and veggies in the morning and more bean mix with fruits and veggies in the afternoon. He likes the bean mix and usually eats all of it. Typically he leaves some pieces of fruit and vegetables, though. Typically I freeze the bean mix in ice cube trays and Breezy gets two little cubes thawed and heated.