NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Breezy seems to like baths, think I got lucky.

Breezy2013

Well, I have been reading all over the forum about readers african greys who just HATE baths but I think I lucked out. Breezy seems to actually enjoy being sprayed. Breezy is a timneh and in one of my books on african greys it did say the timnehs are from an area of africa that gets quite a bit of rainfall. So maybe it is more common for the timnehs to like water and bathing. Anyways, it is more an observation than anything, just really happy he doesnt hate being bathed as I am well aware of how important bathing is for greys.

I think it is how well the bathing is introduced that helps a grey with his bathing. My TAG loves a bath and so does my CAG, they love to sit on the top of their cages and open their wings and get totally soaked. Congratulations in introducing bathing in a positive way to your grey. Hooray!!!

Breezy seemed just a tad dusty today so he got a nice mist bath just now and he is on his stand talking and drying off. I am beginning to think Greys can somehow get into our train of thought because I was just posting on another thread saying he hasnt talked yet today and he is over next to me talking away and making some entertaining little noises. Greys are so funny! He loved his bath just like the other day and the dustiness is gone. Think he is a bit more comfortable as well.