NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hanging play stand

SRSeedBurners

Well, it's only been a few hours since I picked it up, I'm over it. If we really like it, we had intended to order 1 or 2 more. I'll just have to place my order and know that I'll be waiting 2-3 months. Knowing that going in would be a lot easier to handle. What I didn't like was that NOTHING was happening unless I actually emailed to pester her about it. I don't like pestering people (notice I waited a half month to a month between inquiries). So I'm now wondering if I ordered and just shut my trap for 2-3 months, would it take 6 months this time? Haahaa....

Here it is with my two willing test subjects testing it out. Temporarily hung by a string from an air vent just for a video. I love how portable it is. Beats moving a cage around. I was at first put off by how light this thing is. It makes it feel like one bite from Greycie and it's toast. The more I've messed with it though, it's pretty sturdy.

There is one toy hanging with the alphabet blocks, that did not come with it. The rest in the video minus the two feather heads came straight out of the box.

We like it so much, my wife wants two more. Not sure I can deal with the wait though. We'll see.

The lady that you order these from has some real crappy video samples. Before I ordered I asked if there were any better pics/videos. It fell on deaf ears. Hope these are less crappy than hers.

Jeez, that's frustrating...thanks for the warning.

Unfortunately I had the same experience as Sterling. I was hesitant to post my ordeal here for fear that no merit would be given due to my new membership and low post count.

After initially seeing this thread, I immediately ordered a few items off their website. I followed up the next day I believe via phone to enquire about shipping as that was not detailed on their website. I was informed that it typically takes approximately 2-3 weeks for orders to ship as there were 2 guys feverishly working 12+ hours a day to put these out. OK SURE! He also informed me that a courtesy email including tracking details would be sent prior to shipping.

During this conversation I also enquired about the materials used I was told they were 100% scientific, non toxic, not store bought etc. (I’ll talk about that in a few).

Fast forward 3 weeks with no updates so I sent an email. It took 5 days for a reply (totally UNSAT). I was informed from Dee that all orders take approximately 4-6 weeks but that I would LOVE the stand once I received it. Ok fair enough, I can wait a little longer. Approximately two more weeks go by with no tracking info so I sent another email which was given a 24 hour response (Ok that’s better). Again I was told by Dee that the ARFB was working feverishly to ensure that each item is catered to a specific bird and I would LOVE this stand once I received it.

By this time I felt as if I was being had, what worried me was that I was nearing the paypal window to file a dispute if this deal went south and as a result I would be out hundreds.

Ten days go by and Dee actually sent me an email on her own, not a reply to one of mine. She informed me that a large shipment would arrive into their warehouse soon and once sorted my items would arrive thereafter. Two days later I receive an email with tracking info. (HOORAY!)

Now let me just say this, the tracking info she sent did not hit the postal system website until after the item was delivered. I live 6 hours north of this company and it took over a week to arrive. I’ve shipped overseas and vise versa and I’ve received items quicker with better tracking than this.

I finally received the box, which was damaged, poorly packed with decorative tissue paper etc with tons of unused space inside for all the items to bounce arround. I ship all the time time using bubble wrap and peanuts which can be bought for well peanuts so this was just icing on the cake IMHO.

One quick look at these stands and it was apparent that the material used was not scientific. I was just your typical PVC that you can pick up at any Home Depot or Lowes out there, I’ve got a garage full of it, with the same markings, bar code etc. Throw a little heat to PVC and you can replicate the look of this stands pretty easy, though the finish is a little tricky.

I did have to contact Dee again due to my base being damaged, but after my ordeal with the shipping time, poor communication etc, I opted not to send it back for a replacement which could take 2-3 months to arrive. I did ask her at that time about the materials used and she gave me a line regarding the PVC and typed out the full name calling it medical grade etc. OK, whatever.

Having said all this, would I order from them again or recommend them, NO!!!!!!!

Am I happy with the look, of these items, yes I am.

Does my TAG like them, well it took some time to get him on them but yes he does and that’s all that matters…

• Haha 1

During this conversation I also enquired about the materials used I was told they were 100% scientific, non toxic, not store bought etc. (I’ll talk about that in a few).

One quick look at these stands and it was apparent that the material used was not scientific. I was just your typical PVC that you can pick up at any Home Depot or Lowes out there, I’ve got a garage full of it, with the same markings, bar code etc. Throw a little heat to PVC and you can replicate the look of this stands pretty easy, though the finish is a little tricky.

Interesting you posted this. We were looking at the hanging gym this morning and figured it was plain PVC. Thought about buying a small piece and hitting it gently with a propane torch and seeing if I can mold it similar. I contacted Dee about getting a couple more but we're just going to copy this one. This computer balanced horse pile mumbo jumbo that you get fed via her website and email is definitely a crock. It's a great product but it's not rocket science.

You can definitely see where they've applied the heat and twisted and turned to get it into the config that's delivered. Probably bubba out back with a blow torch.

I sent the company (Dee) an email asking if I can turn my centurian with a mess catcher into one without it and she said she didn't understand what I was asking... She said she looked up my email and didn't see an order so I replied saying mine is a few years old. I posted a picture from her site if the kind without the mess catcher and said this is what I was asking about. Silly huh? What didn't you understand? Anyway waiting to hear back but I'm going to try it without anything on the bottom or just a toy like suggested above.