NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Breezy and my husband had a good play session

Breezy2013

Thanks for the advice when I wrote that Breezy bit my husband, it was misreading communication. Carl talked to Breezy for awhile then I noticed he seemed fine for Carl to pick him up so Carl did and they had a good play session. My husband needs to learn more about reading grey body language so I am trying to teach him. They are very subtle and you really need to pay attention or you can misread them.

Thanks for the advice when I wrote that Breezy bit my husband, it was misreading communication. Carl talked to Breezy for awhile then I noticed he seemed fine for Carl to pick him up so Carl did and they had a good play session. My husband needs to learn more about reading grey body language so I am trying to teach him. They are very subtle and you really need to pay attention or you can misread them.

Talking to your grey is great. They so want to understand and belong. All our parrots need is to be able to understand what we want. So we need to always be willing to share with them.

I talk to my parrots just like people. They understand a lot and when I said see you soon we have to go out Breezy he understood me. I am sure of this because he looked at me then leaned toward his cage and fluttered his wings. He wanted a ride back so I took him back and I was right he swung right inside his cage and climbed to his highest perch. I think they may understand much more of what we say than we are even aware. I have noticed this with every parrot I have ever had.