NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tongue wiggling

MKparrot

I've read somewhere these days that wiggling the tongue is a sign of friendliness of Greys. When your Grey wiggles his tongue, he is showing that he likes you and wants to cuddle.

My Poly does not wiggle his tongue often and I haven't checked the above mentioned theory.

Do you have any experience with this?:confused:

:) Laughing to myself about the verbiage here! :) I had to really stop & think because "wiggling the tongue" gave me a whole different picture, initially.

Not going there. Never mind. Back on topic! I've seen what I think you meant w/my ekkie in particular & yes, I think it's true. Kura is more apt to open her beak a bit when she's happy. It always looks like she's smiling to me. Her tongue is generally moving forward & back when she wants to interact, vs she's just making eye contact while she's say, playing.

Since tasting someone is part of their normal interaction, I think it makes sense that's a signal, body language if you will, for, "Come closer... I'm not going to bite you." The only problem is, parrots lie! Or maybe just chance their minds VERY qjickly. lol

My grey may smile & invite you in for some up close time. But there's a better than fighting chance that he'll turn on you instead. Phenix can be a biter & his body language just can't be trusted, unfortunately.

Misty does that. I think it is very rude so I wiggle my tongue back at him!:D

I have assumed that tongue wiggling is a sign of relaxation and contentment.

When Misty wants to interact with me he has various other ways of letting me know. Most times it has to be on his terms. If I try and he is not in the mood he will shake his head and move away. Sometimes if he is sitting on my knee he will climb up my chest and plant a kiss. Other times he will sit on my knee or my shoulder and say either "OK?" or "You're all right" or "Tickle tickle".

Misty and I have been together around ten years and I can trust him but unless your bird is very bonded to you be aware that a shouldered bird can nip earlobes. They do not understand how much it can hurt.

Likewise attempting to kiss a parrots beak risks a very painful bite on the lip or nose!:eek:

Steve N Misty

Edited by Mistyparrot

^^^ :eek: Oh heck no!! :eek:^^^ Your English is just dandy. It was entirely how I read it! Guarantee people are going to come up w/a bunch of different images if I write BEANS. That's all. Good thing you've got a bunch of smiley faces there. Or I'd be apologizing ALL over the place!!!! :o

Get Dayo a toy hammer and see if he licks it!

This is the post of the week... I like it, I like it a lot...it made my day:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10 out of 10 points.

Maybe moderators should think over the idea to introduce аacknowledgment for the "funniest & best good mood post of the week/month and thread of the week/month" :)

This is the post of the week... I like it, I like it a lot...it made my day:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10 out of 10 points.

Maybe moderators should think over the idea to introduce аacknowledgment for the "funniest & best good mood post of the week/month and thread of the week/month" :)

hahahahaha!! I almost choked on my coffee! Consider this entire thread "thanked" !!! :D :D :D