NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Facebook wisdom

danmcq

It's been said that FB is for some people who have nothing better to do. The dialog between people is what proves it. A few years ago, I joined there but after visiting a few times I realized that I made a huge mistake and now I'm stuck there. I can't unsubscribe. People there collect so called *friends* and don't even know anything about them.

Sample of FB

*A--Tomorrow I'm having steak at the new restuarant!

*B answer--Betcha you can't wait until the big day!

*C--answer--My husband would'nt approve!

#D--answer--Leave your hubby at home!

#E--answer idea---I'll think about it. ha ha ha ha

I use Facebook. I have a granddaughter in Australia, a granddaughter and daughter in California, a brother in Georgia, a grandson in Oregon, and a grandson in Vancouver, going to school and working, etc. I find it very helpful to see what they are up to and see recent pictures of them having fun. If you use Facebook right, it is very helpful and useful. I only "friend" those I want to be in contact with. My list in very small. You only have to be in contact with those you choose.

I only use FB to keep tabs on real friends (I think I have 1) and psuedo-friends(the other ~120). One is a real drama queen that I haven't figured out why I haven't hit the unfriend feature yet. I have hidden most of his posts though.

Among my psuedo-friends I can name:

- Einstein the Texas Talking parrot

- Felix Hawk King of Everything Birds fame

- Disco the Parakeet

- Grumpy Cat

- NASA Curiosity Mars Rover

- The Chicken Whisperer

- For the Love of Chicken

- Kookaburra Bird Shop

Then old high school acquaintances and family make up the rest of it.

FB is mostly entertainment from that list of psuedofriends. I love the birdy ones.

LOL We have some mutual friends there Sterling! I have to admit, a few of my distant relatives are into daily facebook drama. I thought about hiding their posts from my newsfeed, but have to admit it is cheap entertainment. Hubby and I laugh hard enough to cry at some of their posts.

Like everything else, facebook is what you make it!

I agree Karen and I can be choosy about who I friend and I have also unfriended several. Facebook is one way to keep in touch with family and friends and share pictures you might not otherwise see, its one of the main ways I stay in contact with my friend in the UK and I have many friends I "met" on greyforums.

Sterling, I think most of us have at least one drama queen and I am friends with several on your list.

• 6 months later...