NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Inara's Little Table Play Stand

Inara

attachment.php?attachmentid=24577

---

Made this today, using this youtube video:

Couldn't have been easier. The hardest part was scrubbing off all the black print that was on the PVC.

HRH Inara was/is so thrilled with it. It sits easily on the floor as I sit on the sofa at my computer, and/or it transfers easily to the end table next to the sofa, and then in a flash it goes downstairs to the exercise room to sit on a table there while I get my workout in.

After seeing Shane's super gym, don't think I'm not hot on teasing my engineer husband into a little healthy bird gym competition. haha :)

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing your hubby's project.

Thank you, we'll see if I can finesse him into it. But hey, after making this little table top perch, I'm pretty darn handy now with a PVC cutter and may just tackle designing one myself after the holidays. Shane's is so nice, and I love his base for it, especially.

You are all giving me the idea of wanting to make a stand just the right height for Gilda to some sit next to my chair where she can read the forum over my shoulder. I think we are getting close to her finding her mojo and coming away from her cage a little at a time. All of your handiwork is inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Inara, :) Great perch! :) I like that you can bring it into any room you are in. It seems everytime I leave a room, Scarlett starts flying! lol

I watched that video you posted a link to also. that's a good idea with that string she used.

Thanks for the compliments on the one I built for Scarlett. :)

You are all giving me the idea of wanting to make a stand just the right height for Gilda to some sit next to my chair where she can read the forum over my shoulder. I think we are getting close to her finding her mojo and coming away from her cage a little at a time. All of your handiwork is inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Katana, I bet your little Miss Gilda would/will love it as much as Inara does. This morning, I looped her big cotton rope that she loves to swing on over one of the posts (it has lots of knots at one end) and stuffed half of a parrot bagel into one of the knots so that everything is wedged tight. I also put near it a smaller commercial perch that I use for weighing her by putting her and it on my kitchen gram scale. She has enjoyed stepping up from the smaller perch onto her new perch and is having such a good time. In addition, I put a piece of paper towel roll over one of the posts then put her little toys back on. So she has lots of things to do. She has particularly enjoyed perching atop the knots of the rope, grabbing hold and exercising her wings. She is now contentedly preening while I am typing. She was a bit nervous at first yesterday, but it took her no time at all to decide she loves it. With today's new additions, even more so.

Shane, I use 3/4" PVC for this small perch, I would bet for your gal Scarlett, that 1" might do the trick. I did pick up sisal rope/string to wrap the perch with as in the video, but it had an odd petroleum type smell to it, so I opted for Vet tape just to be on the safe side until I can order some that I can be sure does not have toxic stuff on it. You would know better about what size would be sturdy enough for a portable one for her. No big surprise that she flies to find you when you leave the room -- you are her guy!! :D :D

Edited by Inara

Hi Inara, :) Home depot has a rope called manila rope. It looks the same.. and it doesn't have any weird smell to it at all. at least not the rope at the local home depot where im at. They sell it by the foot. and it is in the same section that they sell the plastic chains (and real chains too).