NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hissing TAG

Steve 2

Hello all. I'm curious. Does anyone have a tag that hisses occasionally. Toolouse is 1 year and 3 months. He talks a lot! Picks up both what we try to train and what is happen stance. No cats in the house of labs. When he hisses he doesn't seem agitated, he acts the same as when he's repeating words. I'm wondering if it a species call. Anyone seen this in their bird?

Steve

Our Grey will sometimes hiss when he is overly excited about wanting a favorite snack or he see's my wife return to the room as he was anxiously anticipating her to come back in to view. I am sure others will have accounts of when their greys hiss as well.

My Husband was putting together Phoenix's lamp (aka THE HUGE MONSTER) and Phoenix went nuts. Hissing and going after my Husband. Every time when we go to turn on his lamp or move it he does the same thing. I was sharing the lamp between his cage and my Sun Conures but since moving it freaked him out so bad we purchased another lamp/bulb. Not too spoiled. lol

A hiss is not always a warning from a grey. Dayo for example does it because he is anxious, not as a warning. He is excited and wants something. A growl however from any grey is a warning meaning an attack is immenent if you or that toy does not back off. :)