NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm off to pick up my new Grey Parrot! Am very excited!

shane

Hello, I recently joined this forum, and so I figured I could express my excitement here. lol. where else? Anyway, I'm off to Phila PA to pick up my 1 year old Grey! It's a 3 hour ride but well worth it. The family there have a beautiful female grey that they take care of very well. she voluntarily goes into the shower and lifts her wings to wash. lol. She speaks a few words already, she is always allowed out of her cage, and is fed a well diet.

the family is sad to see her go, but their daughter has asthma and is severely allergic to the parrot. They have tried medicine and shots but it is no good.

I know the family is sincere that they want a good home for their baby grey, and I definitely can provide that. I work from home (internet business) and have lots of free time and love and care to give. My son is 15 and already at the stage where he thinks he's too cool to hang with his dad. lol. So I'm pretty much available for a new child in the house! lol :) I can't wait.

The family is giving me a cage, a travel cage, and all of the toys, etc... I'm really excited. I'm writing a lot.. I know. anyway.. I'll post pics after I get back and settle down..

enjoy the evening.. :)

Shane

Thats wonderful news Shane. Sometimes when people purchase a grey, they just don't know that something might crop up like an allergy to the dander. Grey's do put off a large quantity. It does sound like they have treated and loved this grey with all their hearts. You are very fortunate to have found this grey. I hope your trip has gone safe and look forward to hearing about the homecoming and seeing some photos when you get a breather. :)

Shane, how exciting!! It appears that all has worked out for the best for both you and your new best gal! It's almost as if it was 'mean to be' that you missed the other baby by 4 hours. And now, you can skip making that decision on a cage :D Can't wait to hear how she settles in, to see pictures, and for lots and lots of updates. Congratz!!

This is a happy turn of events for you Shane. Once you are home and settled, we are going to be waiting to hear how this is going. What a perfect age to adopt her and the perfect time for you to fill your life with the kind of companionship that is to her benefit as much as to you.

Hi All! Thanks for all the posts! :) We got our beautiful 1 year old grey! The grey is soo beautiful. She ate from my hand immediately when we got home. I was shocked. She would not let me pick her up though (or step up to my hand). She barked like a dog and she does lots of various whistles. lol. I'm guessing the previous owners had a dead battery in their smoke detector because she keeps doing that dead battery beep warning sound every now and then. LOL

Today I opened the cage door and kept calling her, and she eventually flew out of the cage. She wouldn't land on me, and she flew and tried to cling onto a wall picture.. that didn't work out so good, but she didn't get hurt.. then I played with her on the floor for about 2 hours... it was as if she was a little baby.. I played with some of her toys (and shredded paper together lol), I hand fed her grapes, and red peppers. she loved it. she still wouldn't step up to my hand so I didn't know how the heck I would get her back to the cage so I can go to bed! lol.. but eventually she put a cute look on her face and walked towards my lap and I put my hand down and she stepped up onto my fingers. :) it was cute...

I put her in the cage and praised her and hand fed her a banana which she seemed to just enjoy destroying and tossing pieces everywhere. lol.

OK I wrote a lot.. sorry.. Im just overly excited. lol I'll post the pics I took in 2 minutes. :)

(thanks again for being a great bunch of people). sincerely.