NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greycie's general mayhem video!

First off - sorry about the length of the video. I made it while multi-tasking at work, so not a lot of time to 'cut the fat'. Plus I primarily made it for family that want to see Greycie and I know they would prefer a longer video. I also screwed up and pitched the originals so now I've lost the ability to edit any further....big dummy.

Someone in another thread asked about getting a bird to lay on their backs. Greycie WAS NOT a bird who naturally wanted to lay on her back and let me play with her. However, she would hang from her tree/boing/ropes etc so I knew I had something to work with.

One day she slid down the front of my shirt and just hung there. I knew that was my chance. I cupped her, and got her to release her talons, then I did the naughty-naughty, I rolled her red tail over and there she was laying in my hand. My thumb got bit good! REAL good!!!! And I didn't learn my lesson either because I kept at it daily.

This is the end result. She now LOVES LOVES LOVES to play on her back with me. She will even fly onto the back of my chair and nip at my ear trying to get my hand. Once she gets my hand she will pull it over on top of her and I help flip her, then the wrestling starts. Sometimes she will still get nippy if something happens that scares her while we're birdy wrestling. All of this video is taken on top of the fridge...her absolute favorite place to play and watch what's happening in her kitchen.

Wow she is really outgoing and playful. I loved that video, she is delightful and clearly loves the excitement and interaction with you and your family. I laughed until tears were coming down my face. When I laughed, both my parrots laughed. Then they were whistling and wanting to join Greycie's fun. Gilgirl would have a heart attack if I tossed a bottle cap to her... someday she may get to be so playful. Thanks for your video. It was a great collection of happy times.

Lol!! What fun! Your grey has such a joy of life! My CAG is so different. She does the occasional dinosaur screech when playing with toys--but it is rare. I think I compared her to a school librarian in another post. Thank you so much for sharing. Such fun to watch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...